shabby junk decor.

What started out as this, a cool stool that I got for free...

ended out as this, decorated with my book puff balls:




Ok so like I said, it started out like a stool:

But sadly, after so much use, the top just popped right off! 



Which to me, was such a shame because it is such a cool stool to me!  
So I got thinking what I could do for it...

Then the thought came to me a few weeks ago when I was preparing for the craft fair.  I was trying to figure out a way to hang my puff balls and tested out putting a branch in the stool as a way to hang them.


LOVE it!  And as you can see from the fair, it turned out really cool!

So when I got home, I wanted to have a cool piece like that somewhere and I found the perfect place!


For holiday fun, I added eggs!  I think i'll put fun ornaments for every holiday throughout the year!

So tell me what you think?  Should I paint the stool a different color or leave it?
Linking it HERE and

14 comments:

Rachel // Maybe Matilda said...

That is awesome! I just love your book page puff balls--they are so neat! And I love seeing them in action . . . they look so cute!

Rachel @ Maybe Matilda

Brooke Ulrich said...

I LOVE THIS!!! What creativity!! Thank you for sharing. :)

steph said...

Diggin it as white -- you'll be able to use it for all holidays and seasons. You are sheer genius.

Holiday Snob said...

It's very cute, and creative. But when aren't you??

Stopping by from diyhshp

Kelly said...

Wow, this is a true trash-to-treasure! You were really thinking on this one....so cute!


Kelly

chris said...

What a cool sculptural accent! I think the color is perfect...white and chippy. I love it.

The Farmers Nest said...

Oh..I love the book puffs!

ArtfullyJune said...

I love it the way it is in its chippy lovliness.

Kath said...

NEAT! so creative.


kathryn
www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

AmyH said...

cool! Thanks for auditioning for American Crafter- good luck:)

Melissa said...

How fun! I love the shape of that. What a great way to do something fun with it! Thanks for sharing over at Tuesday Tell All.

Melissa

MyCraftieLife.Blogspot.com

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

this is fantastically cute.
love it!!

Unknown said...

Hi Lyssa~

What an awesome transformation. I say leave it shabby white, it's perfect! Thanks for linking to my K.I.S.S. blog bash last week, looking forward to seeing what you share this week.

Drop By The Tattered Tag

Jenn Erickson said...

I agree, it was a cool stool, but you definitely gave it a whole new, beautiful life! Talk about "born-again"! So creative, sophisticated and artful!

It was truly a pleasure having you link-up to "A Little Birdie Told Me..." at Rook No. 17". I hope you'll swing by to share your talent again soon!

Jenn

Pin It button on image hover