New Orleans!

New Orleans!!

Well it's been some time since writing on this. I need to move my "model" picture down the line so its not the first thing people see! So last week was very eventful. On monday, we drove to Grandma and Grandpa Zimmerman's house and visited for a couple of days, allowing Emma to get comfortable with the surroundings. Joe and I left Wednesday to Houston to catch a flight to New Orleans for a Dental Convention.

Taken at a "fancy" restaurant, after eating seafood...yum.

Joe researched in the summer and he was now presenting his findings there by making a huge poster and standing next to it for 2 hours :) His presentation was on Thursday and we were in town till Saturday morning.

It was so fun! Our hotel was in the French Quarter, like 2 blocks from Bourbon St...which I don't recommend going down after dark.

But it was cool to see the city and something new. There is a lot of history and culture there...not to mention lots of restaurants!! I sucked it up and ate at a couple of New Orleans' style sea food places. I ate Alligator sausage, crab cake and shrimp...blah! (the alligator was actually really good!) So it was a nice vacation for Joe and I.


Me and my pregnant self!
Emma, on the same hand, had a great time with her grandparents and uncles. She loves to be outside so that's where she was everyday. She played with Rocky, their dog, fed him food and chased him around the backyard. I think he was probably a bit annoyed by her but he's old so I guess he didn't care. When we met Grandma in Houston, Emma was so relieved to see us! She wouldn't let go of Joe and I. So overall, it was an awesome trip and so glad we did it! I was a little worried that Emma would have a hard time without us but I guess she adapts pretty fast.



Smile!



Emma and her counsin Helena

5 comments:

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

How fun! I am so jealous! It sounds like you guys had a blast. I am impressed by the research your husband did. Do all dental students do that or is it more of an optional thing? I am headed into this dental school thing with Marc, but have no idea as to what to expect. :) ANyway, fun that you were able to spend some time together...without kids.

PS you look VERY cute pregnant! You are to the point now that people know you are pregnant and not just a little chunky. I liked being out of the chunky stage, where no one dares ask if you are pregnant. :)

maggie said...

lyssa,
you are a beautiful pregnant girl!
and may I add (your boobs are huge!) I can say that because we knew each other before either of us had them!!! lol!
your family is beautiful!

Mags

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Lyssa,

I don't think that you have to put any code into your blog. Just type your blog address into the google program and the rest will be figured out....I think. I am going to try to remember how I did it exactly and if I come across something contrary to that I'll let you know.

PS we were down in SA this past weekend. you are one lucky girl to be living there. Seriously...we loved the area and the school. Maybe we'll get in?!

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Lyssa,

As if you weren't sick of me posting on your blog...I have yet another post. I love your baby counter!! That is tons of fun!

Cairen said...

that is so fun that you two got to go ona trip together! I can not wait for the day.. for Law School to be over and to have a week where we can just leave.. Fun.

Pin It button on image hover