Headband Holder

So i did this as a guest post over at Ruffled Sunshine but thought I would post it here too :)

Today, I am thankful for organization!
Can you imagine life without it?!  I can!  I've been there!
I am an infant hoarder with a love for garage sales and thrift store.  There is always something to be organized at my house!
Today, i'm tackling my headbands.  

I love to make these babies but how do you store them!?
Like this:


Fun huh?!  Well it's pretty simple but the end result goes a long way!

First you start with an oatmeal bin, some paper and a old candle holder:

Found this baby for a quarter at the local thrift store:


You add scrapbook paper around the oatmeal bin.  I taped it on.  It uses 2 pieces of paper to cover it all.
You can even add fun embellishments like so: (did that with my fun ecraft machine...have you heard of it?  if not, check it out!)

Then hot glue the bin onto the candle holder.

Inside, you can even store other things that can't be hung or stuck on something.

Wha-la!  How easy is this?  But I love how it looks.  Very feminine and useful :)

This has cleaned up my dresser so much.   I love it!

***People have asked about when their headbands are too wide.  Add some ridges or grooves on the oatmeal bin so the headbands get stuck.  Or add a plate underneath the bin and above the candle holder to hold any bigger headbands.

This post was featured on Dibsies "The Essential Guide to Keeping Kids Organized in the Home"

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this! I'm a new blogger and this is one of the first things I've tried and blogged about (kris10leah.blogspot.com). I first saw it on Pinterest and then I found your blog. When I wrote my "review" on it I added your blog URL for credit. Hope you don't mind ;) Mine came out very nicely! Thank you so much for sharing! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting this idea. I just pinned it, too. I have been wondering for a few weeks how to help my daughter organize her headbands. This is perfect!!!!

JenHaggerty said...

Found this thru Pinterest. I LOVE IT!! I emptied my oatmeal container into baggies today so I can make this tomorrow! Can't wait!

How Sweet It Is-A lifestyle blog said...

How fun and easy is this? Love it! I am a children's photographer and I need a fun way to keep track of all my props! This is a cute way of doing it. I'm pinning it :)

Nelly@DGInnovations said...

I have to feature this (with a backlink to you, of course)! Its so perfect!! I saw your guest post on Ruffled Sunshine...who I found on Pinterest...The spinning wheel of blogworld!!

Nelly@DGInnovations said...

I have to feature this (with a backlink to you, of course)! Its so perfect!! I saw your guest post on Ruffled Sunshine...who I found on Pinterest...The spinning wheel of blogworld!!

Unknown said...

Love this. Showing it on my blog tomrrow!

Molly Eleen said...

Love this idea, and I shared in on my blog
http://mollyeleen.wordpress.com/2012/10/21/day-21-booth-display-inspiration/

Lindsie said...

This is excellent! I just threw out an oatmeal can and didn't want to wait for the entire new one to be eaten, so I used a big Countrytime Lemonade container instead. It is almost the exact same size and works great. What an awesome idea!

Pin It button on image hover