Katers is TWO...


Seriously the fastest 2 years of my life. I swear she just came out of me...even the past year flew by. I feel I just threw her 1st birthday.

But time goes on! Kate is officially 2 and by the way she acts these days, you would believe it...sometimes I want to...sigh...i'll stop right there. Here's the big day, which was the 20th:

Woke up and presented her with her birthday crown that I conjured up out of felt. Super easy and super fun...(thanks melis for the tutorial a while back)




Got ready for the day and took these. She looks SO old in these. We then left to the library for a fun FREE class and crafts.



Daddy is home! They get so excited!
Time for Birthday Desert. I was originally going to make a big cookie cake like last year but was worried about the outcome with the gas oven since i'm still learning. So we went with ice cream cookie sandwiches with whip cream on top. It was SOOO good and easy! Hate cake left overs!





Present time: She got a beautiful flower dress from Grandma Z. , Polka dress from Grandma T. LOTS of coloring books and a set of Princess crayons. She loves it all!




Life would be incomplete with out Kate in our family.
  • She is such a delight for this family.
  • She's the sweet cuddle bug that will just walk over to me and give me a hug and kiss and then be on her way.
  • She adores Emma. She'll follow her around and play together. They seriously are best friends. Even this morning when I went into their room, Emma was in Kate's crib and they were just talking and playing together.
  • She is so smart. I can boldly say that since I have Emma to compare to...let me explain. Growing up, Emma was more focused on physical developement, like running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. She was and still is super active. She was a late talker. So when Kate started talking around the same time as Emma, that came as a shock. Kate can have normal conversations with all of us. She knows her letters and will sing the ABC song. She knows most of the nursery songs. She is a great conversationalist.
  • She's a tad shy and quiet when you first meet her but don't take it personal. She'll warm up to you quickly and then talk your ear off.
  • She's very observant and catches on things that you'd think kids her age wouldn't think about.
  • I love this girl to death.
And for those who have been dying to see another pic of me or hassling me, here you go. I am 25 weeks along here. Am I the only one who feels and looks huge?
And just so you know, a few days after my "style" post, I was at DI for a metal tray and found 4 shirts that were super cute and only $1!! Talk about a hidden blessing! Gotta love DI and/or Goodwill :)

14 comments:

steph, brent, and joaquin said...

Wow. She is growing up fast. And so cute too. Love the crown -- you're so talented with crafts. I can't believe you're already at 25 weeks! I ought to know since you're 10 weeks ahead of me but still! Congrats on 100 days to go!!

The Blaisdell Family said...

What a cutie little Katers is! Those HUGE cheeks of hers are still amazing! I can't believe she is 2 already either. Your "list" of her reminds me a lot of Josh at that age. It was so fun because he was so smart!! All the other kids have been right where they are suppose to be for their age, which is great too, but man was it fun to talk with Josh when he was younger. They say the funniest things. Ryan didn't talk until 34 months and I feel I got jipped from hearing him say funny little comments like what Josh did at 2. You will have to get a video of Kate talking, I just can't "hear" her in my mind because she just seems like you barely had her!

Hey Lys, a little fyi, you are NOT big. You actually look really small for 25 weeks I think! Glad you found some shirts and for such great prices too! Can't beat that!

Ann-Marie said...

Happy Birthday Kate. Lyssa...seriously? You look so great and not big at all! You look fabulous!Seriously, fabulous!

melimba said...

man alive, didn't you just HAVE her? Seriously, her little life has FLOWN by! :) She IS SOOO stinkin' cute. Good work with that one, not to mention little Emma too. Golly. Darling.

And, the crown, YOU DID AWESOME! I love the swoopy-doo-dah. It looks great! Nice work, crafty lady! See, I told you that you could do it. EASY CHEESY!

happy birthday, Kate!

p.s. you are too small to be 25 weeks. that is just my humble opinion. :)

lisset said...

your girls seriously need to model. i'm not kidding. and there is no freaking way you look huge. you are an adorable little preggie. little being the operative word!

McArthur Family said...

Happy Birthday Kate! She is such a cute girl. You're house looks great; I can't wait to have a house with a yard...hopefully in a year.

Sara said...

Lyssa,
Spence added all the cousins he knew to our blog list and now I get to stalk all of them. Hope thats ok. You're daughters are gorgeous, and so cute and tan!
Cute shirt! What a sweet find.
Love ya guys.
- Sara and Spencer

The Shirleys said...

Happy birthday Kate! She really does look all grown up now.

Andy likes to walk around BYU and remember all the fun times we had there. It is part of our history and has to be preserved, right!? :)

Jan said...

wow! I was just at her birthday party. It was only four months ago.

Andrea said...

She's not 2. She's still 8 months and has those chipmunk cheeks that I loved.

Lindsey Whiting said...

You look so good! I hope you are enjoying real grass! Your girls look like they have already gotten bigger, it's crazy when i don't see them at church. I feel like you are just on a "summer break" and coming back like the usual students. :0)

Abby said...

This is a big deal that I remembered your blog address without writing it down! Hooray. Your little girls are as darling as can be, and their mommy feels much bigger than she is. I am with you on the very discouraging [personal/physical] aspects of prgnancy. But someday it will all just be a memory and we'll be thin and fit and wearing white pants :) and wondering where our babies went, right?

Courtney said...

It's funny how she all of a sudden looks so much older! You look good prego, so you shouldn't complain (even though I know it's hard to feel like you look good). Glad to see you guys are having a good time in Vegas! Do you have a name yet for baby boy?

Jazmin said...

Happy Belated Birthday Katers! Her life has flown by, huh? BTW, you look sooo cute pregnant! seriously! Your face is not swollen or anything!

Pin It button on image hover