Brain Buster

This is LUke

THis is Luke with Dairy-contaminated breastmilk.

Any questions?

Well I sure do.

What in the world do I eat?

How in the Sam Hill will I survive without iCe CrEaM!?!?
sigh.
Hello, my name is LYssa and i've been dairy-free for 5 days now.
For the past 5 days,
I
have
been
starving.

But it's not in vain...












Wouldn't you do the same for that face?
This "little" guy is becoming a chub. At one month, he was 11 lbs.
2 weeks later, at his 6 week appointment, he weighed 12 1/2 lbs...He gained a pound and a half in 2 weeks!!
That makes me happy because:
-I love chub babies
-Luke slept until 5:30 am this morning.
-The crying seems to be minimizing the bigger he gets.


Below is the family of 5 this past Sunday.

I love this picture and here's why:
-Lumber Jack Joe
-Emma yelling at the camera
-My awkward position on the couse makes my legs look 10 ft. long.
-Kate's perfect little smile and her encompasing CHEEKS
-LUke is actually looking at the camera...even if he's totally compressed in a lump of fat. :)


This past Saturday, we drove up the road to Red Rock Canyon to play in the snow...that lasted about 20 minutes...but it was still nice to get out!




the babysitter...literally.

Sorry Katie, I know this was supposed to be for Christmas but who are we kidding? Emma will always find things that are supposed to not be found!

Wednesday was my birthday. I am now 26. This plus having 3 kids have really opened my eyes....that i'm getting OLD.
We went out and ate at Fazoli's. FIrst time in like 6 years. I used to eat here often in UT. THey didn't have it in TX. I kind of missed it and wanted to hang out with Him again. It was yums all around.

These were taken on my birthday. Finally took pics of all 3 kids together.




So if anyone has great menu ideas for a Dairy-Free Diet, I would love to hear!
Also, my hair is astonishingly long...down-to-my-waist long and I need to cut it. Any good style ideas with my face...not my "I had a baby so my face it fat" face but my "I-look-like-i'm-only-18" face...love to hear any ideas too.

7 comments:

Mariley Johnson said...

So sorry about the dairy free diet! The sacrifices we make for our children...
We've had dairy/lactose intolerant issues with our kids which introduced me to rice milk. It's a good substitute for baking, but don't ever use it for savory dishes. It's super sweet! And for your ice cream fix, they have soy based ice cream that i've heard is delicious. Worth a try, right?
Good luck.

Tyler and Erin said...

Dairy free sucks! I've been intolerant to lactose since about 14 or 15 and am actually pretty use to it now. Lets just say a lot of our dinners are pretty dry without all the cheese and creams. Soy milk has become a fav and you can find a lot of things with soy. The soy icecream is good and I just use plain soy milk in my cooking and can't tell a difference (but I haven't had real milk in a long while so maybe my taste buds are distorted. I hope he grows out of it soon! He is a cutie and love how much he's growing!!

natalie said...

When I first had to go dairy free for the same reason as you, I had a hard time thinking of things to eat. It seemed like the harder I tried to think of things that didn't involve milk or cheese, the more that was all I can think of. But there really are lots of meals that don't involve either of those, and soon it won't be hard to come up with things. My favorites were Chicken stir fry, pesto pasta, and chicken, pineapple, soy sauce in crock pot served over rice.
There are lots of ice creams that are soy or rice, almond, or coconut milk based. Watch out for the sorbets- some of them have milk!

The Shirleys said...

Oreo cookies don't have milk products in them, so you can get your chocolate fix. You can also find butter favored spread that don't have milk or whey in them. Butter lovers popcorn doesn't have milk or whey either. You can find bread or make bread that doesn't use milk.

Just eat lots of fruits, veggies, and meat. The good thing is that you are going to get back to pre-baby weight fast! You will only have cravings and dreams about food with milk or whey in them for about 7-10 days. THen it goes a way. Good luck!

Courtney said...

Wish I could help you! I can't imagine not eating milk products, I would be lost just like you. But at least you're getting Luke figured out so he can be a good baby. :) He's a cutie, I love the chub too!! Way cute giant bear chair.

McArthur Family said...

Wow, the sacrifices continue...I think it would be super hard to not have dairy in my diet as well.

Luke is super cute. And Happy Birthday...late, but I hope it was good.

Jazmin said...

Happy belated birthday! sorry, i didn't have a computer for a couple of days! Luke is cute, and the no milk thing sucks! but i bet you will get skinny! try soy milk, it's really not that bad! im lactose intolerant, and im gonna switch!

Pin It button on image hover