42 days.

We've been amusing ourselves these days.





The past few weeks have been fun with Luke becoming more aware of his surroundings around him and even smiling and cooing. I try to have that happen on a daily basis but it all depends on his mood for that day. Most days, he's not a happy boy. He's being treated for Reflux and the medication is helping. But he still cries a lot so he might just have colic and want constant attention. He's pretty much fine if he's picked up. As soon as you lie him down, he starts crying...as Joe likes to say, he's already manipulating the system! And it's totally true.
And since we have 2 other rugrats around here, I can't hold him all the time.

So there is quite a lot of crying around here...sorry Luke!
I promise you want a Sane Mom ;)

Luke is 6 weeks this week. How weird is that?

That has been the fastest and slowest 6 weeks.

At a month old, Luke weighed 11 lbs already. So we'll see what 2 more weeks have done to him...I'm pretty sure he's chunking up quite nice.

He's starting to do a bit better at night. For example, Last night, he didn't wake up until 3:30 to eat. It took me a while to figure out what was going on..lol....my body wasn't used to sleeping that long so I had to readjust my mind and remember that the sound I woke up from was my son crying to eat...



On Saturday, we walked over to the park down the street. It was really nice outside and the girls had a great time.

There were some ice blocks that we took advantage of. Emma did quite well sliding down. Joe did too but now we are treating some grass stains.





No, that's not a homeless man, that's my husband.

He doesn't like the cold too much so he's bundled up quite nice. And he's growing out his beard/stache...I love it....seriously.

Joe's a lumber jack and he's okay...monty python anyone?
I honestly like the rugged look. It just suits him better. He has a bet going with other guys in his class to see who can grow it out the longest. Joe definitely has the longest hair so far.













On Sunday, the girls had some bonding with Luke. Emma loves this little guy. She seriously loves to tell him stories or sing songs.

Kate can't get enough of Ruke and everytime she sees him, wants to say hi or hold him.

She's even starting to say, "Hi Luke. Mom, he's so cute. oh Luke, your so cute."
lol i'm serious. It makes me laugh every time. This girl is hilarious.

As much as I complain sometimes about the crying, I honestly am so lucky to have these 3 kids. Why Heavenly Father entrusted me with them, it is still a mystery. I still am adjusting and i'm not going to lie...it's hard! And with Luke's temperment, it makes it even more difficult at times.

But all I can do is one day at a time.

Even if the kids and I stay in PJ's all day long.

Even if we have left overs 5 days in a row.

Even if we there are 4 buckets of laundry that need to be put away.

Even if it's been awhile since i've seen a shower...

Fun times all around!

I know eventually i'll become adjusted and look back at this time and laugh at what a baby I was. I'm just hoping it comes sooner than later ;)



















11 comments:

Mariley Johnson said...

Here's to hoping it gets easier for you soon...

Cute kids!

Ashley Terry said...

I laughed so hard when you said and "no that's not a homeless man...that's my husband." His expression on his face and his outfit are classic! I love that he is wearing mammoth gloves too.

I feel your pain with not showering, being behind on laundry, etc. and I only have one baby! I think you're doing an amazing job with your three kiddies.

Lindsay said...

Seriously, I hear all the time that three kids is the breaker. That it just gets easier after that...that's what I'm sure hoping :) 3 is definitely chaos though! Hang in there. It's by far lots easier for us now that they can all entertain and play with each other and I don't feel like a constant, exhausted milk cow :)

Amanda V said...

Lyssa, your children are beautiful and are lucky to have you and Joe as their parents! Why is Joe wearing ski gloves? I swear you guys are in Vegas! :)

Tyler and Erin said...

He's getting so big and totally has Kate's cheeks when she was little! So cute!

melimba said...

oh my goodness! get a load of his CHEEKS! Do you just kiss them all the time?? Soo cute.

JoEllen said...

Luke is so darn chubby! Wow, those cheeks are awesome!

One day at a time...

Kristen said...

Looks like you are doing a great job! He's got some cheeks on him. Luke and Kate look so much like Joe. And I just realized all your kids have 4 letters in their names. Coincidence or on purpose?

Haylee said...

Love the pics! I can't believe he was 11 lb at 1 month..Dawson just hit the 8.8 mark at 5 weeks. And so far he is the biggest out of all my kids. 3 kids definately is hard but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Dawson was just put on reflux medicine also, but he doesn't cry all the time. I hope luke gets better!!

The Shirleys said...

Sounds kinds like us. We don't get out much either. It is fun to watch the kids interact with each other though.

Ilovw the pictures of the girls holding Luke. They are so cute!!

Hillery said...

I have never seen bigger cheeks on a baby in my life. Do you just sit there and kiss and squish them the whole day? Baby Luke is adorable!!

Pin It button on image hover