Explosion

I seriously can't take it any longer!
My mind is going to explode.
Have you ever had a problem that couldn't be resolved? You couldn't figure out how to fix it?

Well that's my life right now, for many reasons.

#1: Getting a job..need I say more?

#2: No TIME- Since Luke came (which I am not at all blaming him), I have a hard time finding time for anything other than the bare necessities for my family aka cleaning and food. But even the cleaning is difficult to find time too.

#3: Lack of Motivation

#4: Organizing aka dejunking...

#5: packing/moving in 2 months..(ahh I just peed my pants from fright)

My mind is so so so overwhelmed that I don't know where to start, which means nothing gets done. When nothing gets done, things just build up in my mind, which then leaves me more overwhelmed.

And things stressing me out are what is listed above. How does one find the time when you have 3 kids at home...and the 2 eldest don't nap and the 3rd baby kind of squawks at you all day long...and the middle child wakes up every night needing to go potty and then goes a few drops and you are thinking, Kate, what the *&$%? Please hold it till the morning!!...so you are tired during the day...in which you watch movies or go on-line...and then you look at the clock and it's already 4 and you are so grateful that your husband has to work tonight until 9 so you don't have to make a "dinner" but will need to figure out what to make the kids: mac & cheese, cheese quesadilla or spaghettios..all the while the screaming from all 3 kids won't stop and you don't have time to just collect yourself and breathe and just so grateful that some good came from lack of dairy in your diet or else who knows what would happen to your mental state if you also had to worry about losing 25 lbs, all the while the house looks like crap....

so that's my train of thought on a daily basis...Any help on timesaving tips or something? Easy ways to earn money for a nanny or to fly any relative here and help?
I would love the help!

PS this blog is also stressing me because I am so far behind. March was a busy month for us, which means lots of pictures...do I know where to start? no. it'll be a miracle if I get caught up.

11 comments:

Heather said...

What worked for me and the middle of the night bathroom trips was/is a nightlight in the bathroom. now she can see to get to the bathroom all by herself.

good luck!

Nicole said...

I'm getting stressed out from you I think. Sounds tough. I'm sure it will all work out, and in the meantime maybe get some earplugs - is that child abuse/neglect?

the dunns said...

There is nothing more stressful than being a mom. I am going crazy half the time with just two kids. For me I feel that my days feel just a little bit more in control if I can just get all of the beds made. I don't know why, but any mess looks okay with beds made.

Also.... your new blog look is amazing, so be happy!

Claire said...

Oh Lyssa! Thing will get better. I have no advice as I have no Idea how to handle 3 children...and I think you are doing a fantastic job. I personally would probably just try to spend as much time outside as I could. Something about the sun, makes the kids happy, you happy and you can get a little tan so forget about the 25lbs you'll look great anyway and the house won't get messy! Good luck!

Bobbi said...

Deep breaths, Lyssa. This "chapter" of life will be over soon!!! I can totally relate, and I'm glad you have a place to vent. Remember, the blog is for you. Who cares if you're behind on posting photos? Are you kidding me? This should be the last thing causing you stress!!! And it's okay to have a messy house, and have 25 lbs. to lose and serve mac & cheese every night. Heck, sometimes I resort to the kids pouring their own bowls of cereal for dinner...or eating it straight out of the box!!! You can't expect yourself to do everything all of the time. You have a lot going on, and a lot of people depending on you right now. It won't always be like this. Your day of a sane and orderly life will come...at least that's what I keep telling myself!!! What's going on with the job hunt? Are you trying to find a job for yourself or is Joe still trying to settle on something? I know being in limbo can be so unsettling. Hopefully the ground will settle soon. There's still an awesome practice here in Fulton up for grabs!!! Missouri would love having you!!!

THE ORMES said...

Hun, you just made me re-live last year!!!!! That's EXACTLY, and I really do mean EXACTLY, how I was. Just realize it will get done. It might be because your kind sister-in-law comes down and whips you and your husband's butts into shape the last week before the moving van arrives, but it will get done (yeah, we would have had like 10 boxes otherwise). Things will fall into place. Try doing 1 box a day. Keep it simple. If you have time for more great, but if you plan on 1, it's a goal you can keep. Just make it through each day. It'll be alright. Life won't be like this forever. You can make it through this!!!!

Jazmin said...

Spank Kate, and tell Emma to watch the others! Jk. I feel you! I'm going thru similar stuff, minus 1 kid. I have had a hard time trying to do things everyday, while still spending time with Olivia and try to do my VT and worry about maybe getting a job my self to feel better about our house payment. Just remember that it's just a transitional part and soon the dust will settle and things will work out. To help with your daily struggles, I suggest writting down a to-do list of things that you must do each day. Like Rachel said, make a goal of packing one box a day, or try to put the girls in quiet time while you take a nap with Luke. I know it's easier said than done but you need time to recharge! The one thing nursery taught me was to work out a routine for the kids so the always have stuff to do. Example: When the girls get up they must brush teeth, use the bathroom and sit at the breakfest table for some cereal. Next you could let them watch a tv show while you clear the table. If you need to feed Luke, break out the puzzles have the girls have puzzle time while you sit and feed. Do this enough and the girls will soon do it themselves. Just try simple things enough and make a rotutine to avoid the girls from whining. I hope this helps!

djfairhurst said...

Just tell me when three kids gets easier. I don't think I ever want to have three kids after reading....yikes!!!!:)

katie t said...

lol

natalie said...

That is how I felt when Isabel was a baby! And that was only with 2 kids. I don't think I can do 3!! My only advice is just endure to the end. In about 6 months to a year the chaos will turn a noch down into only mild madness and you will look back and this time and wonder how you survived. :)
OH and if catching up on the blog is stressful then don't do it!

azufelt said...

I'll second every comment up above... You have some awesome people around you, and the guts to write your frustrations on your blog, I just gave up, But I was/am in the same mental state (plus a kid though) and it's tough. and it's a lot of work. and you jsut have to make a small plan to get through each day, or focus on one thing that helps you feel more like the old YOU, and pretty soon, you'll pull through.

Pin It button on image hover