Sunday Best

So I like projects.
I like to stay busy in my down time or I get bored and unproductive.

My latest project was for the girls.
I got some pillowcases from my mom that belonged to my Grandma. I got them about a year ago and knew instantly that I wanted to make them into pillowcase dresses. But I wasn't wild about the common pillowcase dress going around so I waited...
Waited after Luke was born...
waited after the holidays...
Waited until I had some inspirations from other sources....
waited until a month before we move.

I love how they turned out.
I love how they look on my girls!
I also made up their hair clips from the scrap fabric from the dress.
I am really proud of myself because, well, you see, I have been in a slump since Luke has been born.

I think that's been a big challenge for me.
After luke was born, I was left with no desire, drive or motivation to do anything...anything that I usually enjoyed doing.
Very frustrating.
So glad I found it again....but now must be put away since we are moving...I think that is a sign of procrastination? hmm?










They were really easy. I wrote up a tutorial HERE so you can try it out! You could easily make one in a night!

7 comments:

Tyler and Erin said...

They turned out darling. Maybe one day I'll do one. I'm in that same stage you were... just haven't had the desire to do any projects since chloe was born.

Linsay Jarvis said...

Wow Lyssa those are so CUTE!! Moving huh?! Where to?

Abby said...

Those are so stinking cute!! Watch out, J Crew! So glad you got your sew-jo back. New babies can throw you for a loop. I wish I could help you somehow in all the moving chaos. My thoughts are with you! And I sooo want to make a pillow case dress. These are definitely way cuter than the average ones you see out there--I'm very impressed at the sleeves!

McArthur Family said...

Love the dresses, super cute pics too.

goldie said...

So cute!!! I can't get over how beautiful your kids are!! I love them!! And, I love that all three of them look identical to each other. Too cute.

Heather Lee said...

HAHAh I literally laughed out loud when Luke got thrown into the photo...diaper and 7 dwarfs hat=) Your kids are seriously ADORABLE! Such beautiful girls and a handsome happy little boy. I love the dresses, glad you got out of that slump bc you've got some mad skills on that sewing machine...daaaang girl. Mmm hmm.

Courtney said...

These are so very cute! you did a great job on them!

Pin It button on image hover