good morning.

The best mornings growing up was to a stack of pancakes or waffles.
I LOVE waffles really.
When I was pregnant with my 2nd, I would make them every day for lunch.
They are easing to serve and eat.
Now my 3rd loves them, especially for breakfast.
So to pass this happiness along, here's my favorite recipe for Crisp and Golden Waffles:

1 egg
2 c. flour
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1 1/2 c. milk
3 Tbsp. sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla

In medium bowl, beat egg until frothy. Add remaining ingredients; mix until smooth. Add a heaping 1/3 c batter to preheated wafflemaker. Close unit and bake according to your machine. (I say this because it says 5-6 minutes but for my wafflemaker, it's done in 2 minutes) Carefully remove waffle (lightly re-oil the cooking surface if sticking occurs.) Repeat with remaining batter.
Yields 7 waffles.

here's to a good morning!

PS- LOVE the response to the giveaway!  Thank you guys!  Todays the LAST DAY so head on over and grab your chance at the skirt :)
Maybe once I get 100 followers, i'll do another fun thing....hmmm?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I too love waffles and pancakes. I can remember as a kid always looking forward to the weekends where we could have homemade waffles or pancakes, hang out in our jammies and watch cartoons. What a great way to start a day. I also loved having them for dinner everynight, although this was rare occasion since my dad hated having breakfast at dinner time! I loved my childhood and try so hard to make sure that my daughter has the same great experiences that I had.

Kelli
xoxo
loveoursimplelife.blogspot.com

Martha anne said...

Mmmm I love waffles, I made these this morning for my husband thanks for the recipe!
marthataylorphillips.blogspot.com

Pin It button on image hover