My report

Yesterday was a long day.  They were way behind in the hospital so our appointment was at 10 but didn't get going till around 11.  Poor Kate.  Yet under the circumstances, she did so good!  She went in there and drank the stuff.  She didn't like being confined under the x-ray machine, lying down so we had to hold her down so they could read the machine.  Minutes after she was done, sure enough, the drink came up her esophagus a couple of times.  They then wanted to check the drainage of the stomach into the intestines.  That part took the longest because her little stomach wouldn't do it forever!  It took like 45 minutes for her stomach to drain.  So there are two problems going on.  First, she does have reflux so the food goes up.  The second, her stomach doesn't quickly empty out so the food is just hanging out in there, waiting to get puked up.  So the Reglan that the doctor prescribed a few days ago helps with the drainage and it seems to be doing the job.  Since starting on that, she still hasn't puked, which is just great.  We haven't heard the official report from the UGI from the Pediatrician but I figure the Dr will say to continue medications she is already taking.  But the Reglan makes Kate really drowsy so she takes her naps and really long ones..so I can't complain!  Anyways, things have gotten much better in the past couple of days.  I want to thank everyone support and advice to me and the family.  It was a minor thing but to me, it was still a big deal.  Anyone probing at my child causes it to be a big deal!  And I was so glad that Joe was able to come with me to the hospital.  And thank you Jami for watching Emma for a couple of hours so we could focus on Kate and her eventful day.

8 comments:

Tyler and Erin said...

I'm so glad she is ok. I have been thinking about her nonstop. So is this something she will grow out of or do they think they will have to do surgery later on? And I don't think this was just a "little" deal. If it were my kid I too would be calling it a "big" deal.

Woods said...

I'm glad you finally found an answer to the madness, and that it wasn't too serious. I can't imagine how worried you were. I hope she continues to do well on the medication. Good luck!

lisset said...

glad that they are getting some answers for you. and really.. who can complain about long naps?? hop everything is on the up and up from here!

Jami Black said...

Yeah! Just having answers makes everything a lot easier. I'm glad the medication seems to be controlling the vomiting. Emma was such a fun girl too so please call me anytime and I mean it. I know you don't like to but you need a break sometimes!

Cairen said...

I am glad that everything went okay, and that the medicine is working. Poor baby girl! But yea for the long naps!

Jamie Smith said...

I'm so sorry to hear about little Kate. I really need to read blogs more! I'm glad they seemed to figure things out and get medicine though. Kate is such a cutie and I would never want her to lose those adorable cheeks of hers!

Heather Lee said...

poor baby! I'm so glad you have a diagnosis though and that the medications are working. I can only imagine the stress, how are you doing? I wish I were out there to watch your little Emma! Your girls are adorable.

Christine said...

I'm so sorry! I didn't realize that when blogarthm switched to there new RssFd thingy it took out your address. I didn't notice until today! I wish I had known all of this was going on. I knew Kate had started reflux, but I didn't know the details. I am soooo sorry. If you need a break, or just somewhere to go, please come over! Or maybe we will come there and take advantage of that awesome pool you have ;). But seriously let me know if I can do anything to help.

Pin It button on image hover