handmade business cards.

These are fun & easy business cards that will have people talking...
Just pretend I didn't just write that...haa ha I am on QVC or something...
anyways...You don't have to spend a forutne to order some and wait weeks to get some!  
Make  your own business cards!

The night before Bloggy Bootcamp, I realized I didn't have any business cards to pass out to other bloggers and participants.  I knew that it would be a great opportunity to share my blog with others so I got thinking...
I opened up a simple word document and formatted it horizontally so I could fit 12 cards on one sheet and not have to worry about cropping the sides.  Then I got to work.

Next I printed the sheet on a 8 1/2 x 11 white cardstock 

Next I used my trusty sewing machine.  Pick a thread color you want.  I used a salmon color.

I lined it up on my paper and sewed straight down to the bottom.  I did that 3 times on the page.


Next I started cutting out my cards.  First was the columns...


Next was the rows...

And wha-la!

Really digging out these turned out.  I love the "zig-zag" or "chevron" or whatever you want to call it...

To hold them in one place, I used a coin purse I got from Freshly Picked.

And I was ready to go.  What a great day.  

There will be more on Bloggy Bootcamp soon.  Hopefully soon right?  

I want to also show you guys some of my favorite business cards I got too!  

And because of all the great knowledge from it, my blog is under construction.  I've got big plans for it so things might be chaotic around here while I figure stuff out!

I'll be linking HERE.
&
Today's Creative Blog

32 comments:

Marie@Procrastinating in Pink said...

Those are super cute! I would never have thought to actually sew them! <3

Trish said...

I LOVE your business cards! Great meeting you Saturday. What a fun (and extremely informative) conference, huh?!

Jami said...

you are one smart cookie. Those are so cute!

Lisa {grey luster girl} said...

I think people will be talking about them! What a great idea! Your cards will definitely stand out.

Adrienna said...

This is such a neat idea! I've handmade business cards before, but I've never thought about adding other elements, like sewing, into them! Very creative.

Evelene S said...

That was so clever of you to sew on them! They came out so cute!

Anonymous said...

CUTE cute cute cute!! love them! You are so darned clever. I have been toying around with the idea of making business cards. But i really don't have a business - so what am I thinking?!! Anway, I love yours :)

The Autocrat: Haley said...

Good idea! They look fab too!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

I love this idea, and your blog is darling!

Christa said...

What a great idea! Do you have any trouble with the thread coming off?

annies home said...

love how it looks like baseball stitching perfect for summertime

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

You're so creative, what a great idea!

Thanks for stopping by to add this to our Wicked Awesome Wednesday party!

life...just saying said...

Great ideas on your blog! I'm a new follower.

heather love said...

we are your newest fans!

chach + nell
the third boob....and other adventures in mommyhood.
www.thethirdboob.com
www.facebook.com/thethirdbob

Suzee said...

What a great idea!! will have to try that for sure!!

Spunky Junky said...

LOVE IT! I have made business cards in the past but I never thought about sewing on them. Such a fun idea! I am totally going to have to try it out!

Rockin' Job Chicka!

BTDUB I am featurin you on Spunky Junky this morning!

toodles~
Halsey

Andi @ udandi / Lunch It Punch It said...

I like the zig-zag! I did something similar for business cards for BlogHer09 because I didn't want to buy ones that would look like all the others so I made mine

http://www.udandi.com/2009/07/22/make-it-udandi-diy-business-cards/

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Great idea! The look terrific.

Lisa @ Organized Chaos said...

Super Cute idea! Love it!
ps...I love how I stumble on a great blog, I'm your newest follower! :)

~Lisa @ www.organizedchaos-lisa.blogspot.com

Mandy England said...

Cute, cute, cute! :)

pamb said...

Oh wow!!! I wish I'd seen this before I finally broke down and ordered business cards last week!!! You are brilliant and creative and I want you to be my friend!!

Anonymous said...

Business cards are essential to the business owner who wants to make sure that his name and the name of his company is easily remembered. Networking is extremely popular and you don’t want to miss an opportunity to pass out your card to someone who might become valuable to you in the future.

Plastic Cards

Plastic Business Cards

Donald Smith said...

As you may know very well than me these days business card templates are cropping up all over the place. Most people starting such blogs think, they can write anyway and anything on there business card template blogs which is definitely not true. But your blog solely stands out for your writing style, it is actually quite engrossing.

Donald Smith said...

I have been lucky enough to work with a business card sizes and designing team, Dowprinting Creative Group, who are superb brand developers. The process is a bit grueling but certainty worth the time investment.

Matthew Engquist said...

I just love handmade crafts! Clearly, you have a love for creating and designing business cards, that's why they came out beautiful and inspiring. It is pretty evident that you put your heart into what you do.

Matthew Engquist

talha said...

Hand made business card is great idea, i hope it will be cheaper.
plastic cards
clear cards

Joseph said...

Talha its very difficult to make thousands of similar hand made card
ScrAtch CaRds

Unknown said...

The way you make the card is a cheap idea and give easily be gifted to other person.

Scratch Cards

Plastic Card Printing
Plastic Card

Joseph said...

Is it possible to make 100s of slimier cards with hand?
Printed Gift Cards

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Awesome tutorial! I made these the other day, http://sewinlovebyjen.blogspot.com/2013/02/on-my-way.html Thanks!

Jen
http://sewinlovebyjen.etsy.com

James Werk said...

Very decent and professional business cards whoever hold this card must have some positive impression on his/her mind so appreciation from my side and i want to know what kind of Toner Cartridges is best to print such hard and colorful business cards.

Pin It button on image hover