Craft Room Transformation!




So I'm finally done with my blasted craft room! 
It's been months and months in the making & it is finished!  I started this project in January after we moved in and it's now the end of July.  Wow, it really shouldn't take someone this long!
Well let me show you a sneak peak of what it looks like now:

Before I go into detail, let's take a walk down memory lane of the transformation of my craft room, shall we?

Here we are in January, right after we moved in...yikes!  Just looking at this picture makes me feel overwhelmed!

Over the month I started decluttering and trying to make some order:

                       

Then i got me one of these babies from Costco and made a huge dent!
It went from this:


To this!

Then I dejunked some more and tried to put stuff away.  It was so close! 



Then I stopped.  May came and I got busy with end of the year stuff, then summer came so my room stopped.  But in the meantime, i picked up some more pieces for my room. 

So a few weeks ago, I sat down and went to work!  And here it is:
This is the view you get when you enter the room.


Closet view & costco shelf

Free sewing desk with adorable Bumblebee & Sophie Sewing Machine cover!  They did a great job and I love the fabrics they used!!


Lovely shelf all organized!

More drawer space is awesome & my ribbon rack is a must!  (those cake plates were waiting to be used for something I will be showing you soon ;)  )

My inspirational quotes up on the slanted ceiling.

My closet all orgainzed :)




It feels so good to have a functional room to use now!  Most important things i've found is:
1- everything needs a home!  When it does, then you know where to put it back so you will find it again later!
2- Look in your home for things to use!  I had that dresser in another room!  It's been a great addition!
3- Dejunk!!!  So important!

Anyways, I am so glad that I am done with this project so I can move on to the next one with out feeling guilty ;)  Thanks for stopping by and taking this walk down memory lane with me!

3 comments:

Grammy Goodwill said...

What a great job you've done cleaning up and organizing all your goodies. I know you will enjoy lots of fun hours working on crafts.

Bumblebee and Sophie said...

Glad you like the sewing machine cover, it looks great in your craft space. Happy sewing and crafting.

Cindy

Jessica said...

I use the same Costco rack to store my fabric!! Looks great.

Pin It button on image hover