some days....

Some days....

-I hate that can't handle 3 kids.
-I feel jealous when I see a mom with 5 kids and looks happy.
-i think I have social anxiety.
-I think everyone doesn't like me or my family.
-I wish I could do it all...seriously how does a mother of 4+ maintain a household scrapbook, run a photography business & blog?
-I want to find a balance between motherly duties & things I enjoy on the side.
-I am horribly disorganizied.
-I may look like I got it all together but I don't.  I am in a corner of a room that keeps getting smaller and smaller.
-I want to enjoy life.
-I take for granted things that came too easy for me.
-Joe & I both feel lonely and wish we had some good friends.
-I wish other kids understood my kids a little bit better instead of jumping to conclusions and being mean.

Am I the only one who feels this way?  Solutions? 

6 comments:

Tyler and Erin said...

Amen Amen Amen! Tyler and I are total losers! It is so hard to find a couple that both you and your spouse love. Seriously, you nailed every one of my faults and wants!

Ann-Marie said...

Ugh! I'm sorry for the slump. I wish I had answers--I don't. But just know you're doing a good job. Balance isn't always an option with young kids...so just make sure the important things are there and somehow it'll work.

As for the corner feeling-that is awful. I hate that. Need a new outlet? Exercise? Blessing? Day in the sun? School to start again and give you some routine?

You're doing a good job. Really and truly.

Oh, and no one comments because none of us have solutions. Sigh.

Cairen said...

I totally know how you are feeling... whenever I start feeling overwhelmed I remember how essential a simple schedule is... then I make a list of 3 or 4 things that are REALLY important to me and then if something isn't on that list I try to just not worry about it. Like for the first few months after rocky was born my 3 things to get done each day were 1. Pray & read my scriptures 2. feed the children 3. be patient.... with only those 3 things to get done each day I felt really good about myself :)
For the friends thing... I am such a loser, I am always too tired or uninterested in doing things with other people. I try to remember that I have married my best friend and I really try to enjoy that.
I hope you feel better..
I love you!! :)

McArthur Family said...

soluntion: find a job for Doug and we'll move next door in 3 years =)

Then you and I can chat and share ideas/thoughts on life, motherhood, photography, creating, etc. while our kids delightfully play together and Joe and Doug go off and shoot something.

I adore you!

natalie said...

I hear you! And anyone who says they never feel like this is lying.
Except I am pretty sure everyone likes me. bahaha!! If they don't then I just ignore them and pretend like they do! :)

♥ Lane & Jannica ♥ said...

Well I think you're great. That's all that matters ;)

Pin It button on image hover