the quilts.


Did you know that I had a huge surge of energy and motivation last year?  I had this idea in mind for about a year and a half.  Knowing that I would be getting pregnant for the whole year, I wanted to get this goal done and out of the way.  So a year ago, I collected my fabric and got to work.  The cutting part wasn't difficult because I kept the design simple.  I then went to a quilt shop over in Ephrata, WA that allows you to rent out a free-arm quilting machine.  I spent the majority of my Saturday quilting these together.

Then they sat....for about 4 months.

I was SO CLOSE to being done.  And of course the binding is always the hardest part.  Plus, with morning sickness setting in and exhaustion, it went on the back burner.

I got a boost of energy back 2nd trimester with heading to UT and all.  I wanted to show my mom the finished product so I finally got them done.  In my dream home, the girl's room is pink, blue and red.  I can't do a thing, I feel, in this rental and brown walls.  But I've started a collection of decor for their room.  But even the matching beds is perfect right now.  I am in love with how they turned out.  I have to say I am proud of myself for making 2 twin-sized quilts!!



















6 comments:

Unknown said...

omg these are so cute! I have always thought about trying out quilting but have never actually started it. I love the colors you chose and I am sure your girls will cherish theirs forever!!!

Nicole said...

That is pretty amazing. I am super impressed.

Anonymous said...

Very sweet quilts! I love the twin beds!

McArthur Family said...

I LOVE them!

The Potter Family said...

Lyssa, those are awesome! I love those colors. And doing the message to the girls in them....ahhh! Adorbs.

nest full of eggs said...

lovely color combo, the personal message is especially sweet :)

Pin It button on image hover