Caramel Apples



I'm cracking down on Family Home Evening because i've been pathetic at it since we've been married and Emma is at that age where it starts to click. So this past week, we had our lesson about Obeying your Parents using the Ghosts who could only eat white food. When they didn't listen to their mom and ate colorful food, they turned colors and got sick. I thought it was appropriete for Halloween :) Anyone else grow up on that story?! I loved that one! I was so amazed at how they changed color to the exact thing they ate, like Chocolate Chip Ice Cream?! Too funny...

Next, for the treat/activity, we made caramel apples. It was fun to teach Emma something and have her participate. I keep thinking she's too young, she'll never get it. But she does! I need to remember that she's getting older! So here she is, being my little helper,




Sneaking some candy for herself...and I of course let her because, duh! that's just what kids do!










Yum, dipping the apples!




Now we wait till they cool.


And today, when we ate a bunch of them, they were really good :)

3 comments:

Tyler and Erin said...

I just love her hair. Peyton's is curly half way down but flatter on top. It drives me crazy with the length it is at and I'm always wishing it was all really curly or really straight. Emma's is SO cute so now I hope it keeps the curls/waves.

Tim and Jennifer said...

Just love these pictures! I love activities like that because they create real memories. Total fan of FHE too. Your activity sounds cool. I've never heard the ghost story. I'll probably need it for the future!

The Blaisdell Family said...

I've been thinking I need to get going on the whole FHE thing too. Really, I NEED to!! Never had it growing up, but I was always jealous at college when I heard people talk about it.

Emma looks SO grown up in these pictures!! What the heck? When did she grow so fast?

I want to hear more about the ghost story. I've never heard about it and I know the boys would love it!!

Pin It button on image hover