#2 is greater than #1

It is a universal truth that the second child in the family is bigger or larger than the first child. I mean, think if all the families with 2 kids...it's so true!! And my family is also apart of that truth as well. Not only was Kate a pound larger at birth than Emma but the growing doesn't stop there. At her 2 week apointment, Kate passed her birthweight and came out at 9 lbs 6 oz!! She's in the 90% in weight. In height, she grew 2 1/2 inches!! Also 90%. Compare that to Emma, who barely got back to her birthweight at 2 weeks at 7 lbs 6 oz and grew an inch. And Emma was usually just around the 50 % most of her first year. So we'll see what happens to our "little" Kate this year. But I can't complain. I love chubby babies :) She's so adorable!!




So luckily, Joe's family let us borrow their digital camera for the time being until we get a new one so I was able to take some pics of Kate and of the blessing day. Here they are:




And we can't forget a picture of Emma:

10 comments:

Jed and Rachel said...

She is just so cute. I just want to pinch her little cheeks.

Also, I just had to tell you thanks for letting me borrow the scrapbook. I got mine finished!!!

Jamie Smith said...

You have such a beautiful family! I'm so mad I missed the blessing, Kate looked so pretty in her white dress! And don't tell me my next baby is going to be bigger. I thought 6 lbs was big enough!

natalie said...

Yay! You have a camera. I love that Kate is getting so big. I hope my next baby is chubby. :)

The Blaisdell Family said...

I'm so glad you got some pictures taken of Kate finally. Your family is so cute and looks so much more like a " real family" instead of just a "starting out" family. It's crazy how much the family appearance changes with each new addition. kate is so cute. I think she could already beat up Avery:) You look great Lyssa!!!

maggie said...

She's beautiful! her mom's not too bad either! You look great!
Lyssa I'm so happy for you!
way to go Mamma!

Cairen said...

You are looking so good! How are you feeling with big nursing boobs? Well your babies are adorable and I love chubby babies two!!!

The Blaisdell Family said...

Hey Lyssa,

I noticed your comment on Jami's blog. If you need any help with your blog please let me know. I would love to help. We could even do it over the phone if you want to.

Quick info....

go to www.shabbytulip.blogspot.com ; this will tell you how to change your background papers

then go to a digital scrapbooking website like www.shabbyprincess.com (this is the one that I've been referring everyone to but there are some other ones if you want something different, let me know) and download some free papers and embellishments. Design your header in photoshop or something like that then go into your blogger settings

click on template, go to where your header is and click "edit".

click the browse button and upload your header design and click save (make sure you select the option to replace the original header otherwise it will overlap and look all crazy)

click save again if needed and you should be done.

You might have to edit the size to make it fit. Just play around with the html a little bit.

I helped Jill get started a little bit and some other people(I can't remember because there have been some from TX, AZ, MN,etc. that I get them all confused) so just ask around. It seems like the word is spreading on how to do all this down there in SATX.

Let me know if you have any questions though!!

The Blaisdell Family said...

I was also going to ask you if the dress Emma is wearing in the blessing pictures is the one Christine gave you?? It is SO cute and Emma looks so good in white! Lucky Emma with the nice skin tone!

Kristen said...

You look so good Lyssa! Kate just keeps getting cuter.

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Kate is so cute. I am glad to see that life is good and two kids are treating you well!

Pin It button on image hover