7 Facts about me!

 
Here's another picture of Kate before I get into things...

Well forever ago, Jaime tagged me to do 7 facts about me so I'm finally getting it on here! Like everyone else, it was hard to think of 7 things so some of them are in desperation!

#1 Oh Canada! My family moved to Canada when I was one and I lived there for 6 years.

#2 I repeated 2nd grade...it was because of the move from Canada and the school systems were off...I promise I was not stupid!!

#3 My first kiss was when I was 14. It was during a stake dance out on the baseball fields...I know, scandelous! And yes, Maggie was there that night to back me up on this one...holy crap was that almost 10 years ago?!?

#4 I have a "blankie" which is actually a quilt that I made when I was like 10. I can't sleep with out it!

#5 I was brought home from the hospital in a red and white striped stocking since I was born in December.

#6 I almost died from drowning when I was 4 at a church pool party. Luckily, there was a nurse in our ward who was persuaded by the spirit to come. If she had not gone, I probably would have died :(

#7 The origin of my name is quite comical. When my mom was pregnant with me, her and my dad went to a movie called, Krull...it's pretty much the typical 80's fantasy sci-fi movie...But in the movie, there is a Princess Lyssa. So my mom really liked it. The actress who played the princess, her real name is Lysette so it's just interesting how my name came about. If anyone is interested in watching the fast-paced thrill movie, Krull, I'll let you borrow it :)

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

I LOVE that picture of kate. Whatever camera you are using is really good. I want a new camara too. Ours is fine, I'm just picky:)

I learned a lot of new things about you. These things are fun. I might have to rent Krull some time just so I can say I saw it. I'm not a huge sci-fi person, so I'm not promising I'll like it:)

I actually forgot who I tagged, you have a good memory for just having a baby!!

Jamie Smith said...

Cute Kate! I'm keeping that announcement forever. Maybe for my next baby I'll copy that design and actually send out nice announcements instead of my cheapo ones.

I'm so glad you didn't drown too! What would we do without our Lyssa! I just hope there is a nurse around this weekend because I may have a panic attack SCUBA diving and drown. I told Jami if I die just make sure someone puts my eyebrows on decent! No unabrows.

The Blaisdell Family said...

Oh, about the blankie, Craig's younger brother (22 yrs. old) has a blankie too. I think he even brought it on his mission. My blankie was so nasty and falling apart that my mom threw it away when I was about 5 or 6. But I do have a small pillow I have to sleep with every night or I can't sleep. Isn't that funny how we get attached to things?

katie t said...

One word....SILKY....I can not sleep without it! On the drowning incident, I have never prayed so hard for anything as I did that day and YES!, it worked!

ps no I am sending it today!
WAAAA WOOON :) :)

Jill said...

Wow, I didn't know all this stuff about you. How fun! Well, except for #6; I'm so glad you didn't drown! Also, we might have to borrow Krull from you :)

maggie said...

I was totally at the Stake Dance with you when that scandal took place!!! ;)

natalie said...

I loved those 7 facts. Esp about your first kiss. That is great! Watch out for your girls. You know what they say? Like mother like daughter. haha.
Also, I had forgotten you were named after a sci fi movie. That is just classic. If you have a boy, you should name him Harry! :)

Pin It button on image hover