Surviving

I know, I know...I swore I'd never be the type that would cut blogging out of my daily routine but lately, that has been the case. I've honestly had no time for "me" these days. Once Emma goes down for bed, it's trying to get Kate to sleep and fed. Then I drive myself crazy trying to clean up ( I know, people tell me not to worry about housework but I don't work that way! I hate going to bed with a messy house!) So once everything is picked up, then I get ready for bed, knowing that i'll be woken up by Kate twice for eatin' time. And then the day repeats again...and again...it's all the same. I think i'm developing Cabin Fever, like my sister Jenny. She was down here for the week following Kate's birth and she was going insane being cooped up inside with Emma, Kate and I. So I've just been slowly getting used to the "2 kid" life and doing baby steps into the outside world.

Friday night, Joe's family came into town and stayed at the Stephen's for Michael Glenn's wedding. He's Joe's best friend so Joe was able to go to the temple wedding Saturday while his family hung out here to visit with us. That night, Joe's brothers house-sat our apartment while Joe, Kate and I went to the reception up in Boerne. It was sooo nice to get out and actually see the outside world! We blessed Kate this past Sunday since Joe's family and friends were in town for Joe's best friend's wedding. So it was really nice and Joe did a great job blessing her. It was really special. We then went to the Stephen's, who are friends of the family, for a early dinner. It was really nice of them to host that for everyone.

So sadly, our camera broke last week so that explains the lack of pictures in the post. We are currently researching camera's, find one I like. If any of you have suggestions or favorites, let me know! Well I've got to go since Kate is having a hernia over with Joe...lol she won't stop crying!! AHHH!

6 comments:

katie t said...

it will get easier! don't worry :) we miss you and can't wait to see pics! talk to dad and i have an extra digital if you want it. i will send you the info! um, we have traded places because i have now began the blog nazi so it would be nice if you could help me out and make comments so i don't look like such a loser!!! lol

The Blaisdell Family said...

Oh Lyssa, I'm glad to hear (or read I guess) that you are getting out a little here and there. Like your sister said, it will get better. And I am SO like you when it comes to the house thing. That is one thing I have never been able to just let "slide" with a new baby. I need to clean because it feels like that is the only thing for ME that I can do. I think it makes the day worse looking around at a messy house while you sit on your back side feeding a newborn all darn day. It's so much nicer seeing "clean" in the morning to start out the day. Good luck with everything and I can't wait until you get a camera to show off your beautiful babes!! Love ya Lyssa:)

Jamie Smith said...

I'm impressed you got 2 blogs up since the baby! I still freak out at the thought of having another newborn. I think Newborns are at the top of my Super Scary list! I wish they came like 3 months later, when they have learned to sleep through the night and eat on a more regular schedule.

natalie said...

Don't forget: the first 6 weeks are the craziest. You'll make it! I have absolutely no advice except maybe you should cry on the phone to your mom so she'll come out and help! :)

Jed and Rachel said...

Sounds crazy, but I'm sure you're doing a wonderful job. I'm having a hard time picturing one let alone two. (Talk to the Dials about their camera, it's really cool.)

Kristen said...

Yes, the 2 kids thing threw me for a loop too. it was so much harder than I thought. I am still recovering. I have taken them both to the store just a handful of times...and only if I really need something, not to do full on shopping. I embraced the whole staying at home thing. I enjoy that more than being stressed out trying to contain Lily and keep Gunnar from crying. To me that is more miserable than not getting out.

I can't wait to see updated pics and Kate in her blessing dress. BTW, how is Emma handling the new baby?

Pin It button on image hover