He is in a Better Place


Well for those of you who haven't heard, which I feel at this point, probably most of you have, Gordon B Hinkley died this evening.  Christine called to tell me and at first, I was shocked.  I was just shocked at the news of it all.  Then when it sunk in, I realized that it was becoming quite evident that he was growing old..I mean, he was 97!!  What a legacy really.  I will miss him as our prophet.  He was such a great leader and did so much for this church.  I mean, with growth and temples?  He was the man for the job!  Obviously I feel close to him since he was "my" prophet growing up.  But he is in a better place, with his wife and ancestors who came before him.  I know that he is among the great men that have come upon the earth.  He can now converse with Christ, Joseph Smith and others, those whom he knew lived and died for this gospel.  With that perspective, he's probably living the life now huh?  His life will never be forgotten and he truly was an inspiration for me.  Thank you.

2 comments:

annie and jared said...

thanks for posting this lyssa, i will also miss him as our prophet. i am sad for us, but so happy that he is with his wife again.

Jonny and Suzette Baird said...

That is so nice of you to post this. It came as a total shock, I know he is old but he wasn't sick or anything? hmmmm. Well I am so sorry that we didn't all get together while you were here. Things were crazy for us we moved on Christmas eve so everything before and after was so so so stressful but things are good now. When is the next time you are coming out?

Pin It button on image hover