My Favs




Thursday nights have always been great.  It has become our "date" night every week.  What do we do each week, you ask?  Well we gather around the good ol' reliable TV and watch NBC.  We love the thursday night line-up!  Last year, we lost some good ones, like The Office.  Who knows when that will be on again.  That was the highlight of the night but now, we've gone on to greener pastures.  30 Rock is HILARIOUS.  We love that show.  We also like My Name is Earl and Scrubs.  It's a win-win for all.  Well this year, Office is out.  To replace it is Chuck.  Has anyone seen this show?  It is our favorite.  It is hilarious and intriguing.  It used to be on on Mondays but with the new year, it moved to Thursdays and it further supports our love of Thursday night TV watching.  We have seen Chuck since the beginning and it's great.  This past week, they had a "Chuck Sandwich" line-up.  Chuck, Celebrity Apprentice (which is another one we've started watching a few weeks back) and then another Chuck!  It was great.  

So i'm going to go ahead and expose my crush that I have.  He is a little known actor named Shia LaBEOUF.  Did anyone ever watch "Even Stevens"?  Well that show in itself is hilarious and I loved watching it.  But he's the little brother that was hilarious.  But now he's all grown up and I think he is so cute!  He's been in a lot of movies in the past recent years, like, Holes,  I, Robot, Transformers and Disturbia.  We just watched Disturbia a few nights ago and yes, it was scary.  Anyways, I love how he acts and he's just really funny.  And I was serious about him being cute.  He's got really big lips :)  Ok, this might sound odd since I am married and all but it's just a friendly crush on an actor that I will never meet.  No harm there.  And he's also going to be in the upcoming Indiana Jones movie!  So excited about that:)
So I just wanted to indulge for a minute on my recent Favs :)

Oh and I took the girls to JC Penney's this morning for Kate's 6 month pictures and it went really well.  Emma even was content to take a few.  So I have a great one of the 2 of them.  They won't be done till Valentines day so once I get them, i'll post them.

9 comments:

Hillery said...

We love Chuck!! Morgan is too funny for words. Chuck reminds me of Jim, which reminds me of The Office. 30 Rock is the new Office. And I loved Even Stevens. Are we the only 2 people in our 20s who will admit to watching it? And Indiana Jones can't come out soon enough!

The Kerr Family said...

Check out YouTube. There is a skit from SNL with Shia and Maya Rudolph that was so funny. He cracks me up.

goldie said...

Hello! I am so glad that you stummbled upon my blog and left a comment. How cute are your two little girls! They are adorable!!! You are a full blown mom! It was so good to hear from you and to hear about what you are doing. We need to keep in touch with each other.

Jonny and Suzette Baird said...

Lyssa, I am obsessed with The Office too what the freak I am so pissed that there is no new episodes. But I have to admit that lately I have been loving Big Love....ha ha I know I am such a dork but I have only watch 3 episode and I think I could be addicted, and I always love the good ol "America's funniest home videos" Ha Ha I am glad someone else loved TV like me.
Suze

annie and jared said...

i am also quite depressed about the writer's strike because with a baby how hard is it to get out!? if you like thursday tv then i would strongly suggest "LOST", best show ever, you have to start at the beginning though- go rent the first 3 seasons or watch them online, good stuff. oh and suzette, i am with you with the AFV- jared and i actually tivo it! we are dorks.

Jill said...

I'm glad to see that some of your favs are some of my favs! Quin and I love Chuck and have watched it online since the beginning of the season. And Shia! Like Emily said, you should check out his Saturday Night Live skit on Youtube, so funny.

ScottandKristenJohnson said...

Lyssa
I was so glad that you left a comment on my blog. It was so good to go to yours and see that you are just as busy as me with two little girls. Aren't they so much fun!! I added you to mine, I hope that is ok. Kristen

Cairen said...

Lyssa you are so funny! I am totally a t.v. lover as well I could really sit and watch my shows forever... if only my kids would leave me alone (j/k... but not really) I was really sad when Greys Anatomy finished... except randomly they keep showing new ones... so see ya

Christine said...

It is always so fun to find out when you have more in common with your friends. Shia LaBeouf has been one of our favorites since we were dating. Scott and his siblings were obsessed with Even Stevens. We have some of the music from the show (the musical episode, etc.) if you would like to borrow the CD. Oh, and my Chuck is great! It is seriously one of the best shows ever. I didn't know it moved to Thursdays though, I will have top reset my DVR. Oh, and I have to come and check out your new machine!!! I am so excited for you!

Pin It button on image hover