Happy Birthday Joe!

What can I say? Joe is getting old. :)


We celebrated his 29th birthday on Sunday. It's weird to think that I am now the age that he was when we met way back when. I mean, he's almost 30! (no offense to anyone who is that age) I mean, Aging comes with wisdom, which is totally the case with Joe. He's so stinkin' smart. Anyways, we started the day with homemade waffles then headed off to church. When we got home, I let him do whatever he wanted, which was take a nap. I then made our infamous Green Mountain Pizza, always a favorite around here. Then I made him a Fudge Marble cake with homemade chocolate frosting. It was yums.
Here we are singing..he looks enthused..



Anyways, I just wanted to say that I am so grateful for Joe and our years together. We'll be celebrating our 4th year anniversary tomorrow as well so it just flies by!


I'm grateful for Joe because:
  • He loves me:)
  • He does what he needs to do in order to provide for us even when it stinks and hard
  • He makes his own lunch so I don't have to in the mornings
  • He lets me have fun times with friends...probably too much!
  • He lets me be me
  • He loves to watch movies, just like me!
  • He is such a great dad to the girls
  • He always makes time for them when he comes home from school, even when I know he's so tired and wants to just crash on the couch!
  • He loves me :)
  • He takes the garbage out to the dumpster
  • He cuts his own hair
  • He takes the girls swimming or just outside so I can have a break
  • He loves me
ANd I love him too!
Love you Joe!

10 comments:

Jazmin said...

Feliz Cumpleanos Joe! I love your list! especially the sandwich making one!

Jazmin

Jill said...

Happy Birthday, Joe! From Jill and Quintin :)

The Blaisdell Family said...

Happy B-day Joe!! Looks like you got some good grub that day:)

Happy early Anniversary too. 4 years is nothing:) Just kidding, it's an accomplishment most of the world can't do nowadays!!

People at school were always surprised that Craig made his own lunches without complaing too....why is that? Is it such an odd thing for a grown adult to do something for themselve?

Jonny and Suzette Baird said...

I am such an idiot! I have looked at your blog and wanted to leave a comment but never found where the comments where, so this time I was confused cause you said "happy birthday Joe! and then it says 3 supporters so I clicked on that and bam here I am....haven't really changed have I? ha ha Jonny is 29 as well and it was border line lame because that is sorta old and were still in our prime, ha! but ya gotta love the grannies, j\k
Suzette

lisset said...

oh 29 is nothing. wait until your hubs turns 30 then it is really weird... i can hardly believe that i'm married to a 30 and a half year old. funny thing is- he still acts like a kid. :)
happy birthday mr. lyssa :)

goldie said...

Happy 29th Joe! So, I got my dress at Allyse's Bridal. I am assuming that you are coming here for Jenny's wedding. You can feel free to try it on when you come out to visit and just borrow it if you don't want to buy one.

Jan said...

Happy birthday Joe. Sorry we didn't know, we would have sung to you in our talks.

katie t said...

happy birthday lyssa-joe-mama :)

Tyler and Erin said...

Happy birthday Joe! So you totally have my hubby hooked on that Green Mtn pizza too. It is so yummy! Takes a while to make but definitely worth it. And Ya, we have a hobby lobby just off Bangeter (about 25min from Highland) I guess there is one in Layton too and one coming soon to Logan. It is definitely the best store. LOVE IT!!!

Tim and Jennifer said...

Cute blog(s)!! Man, you sure are crafty. I don't have an ounce of craftiness...do you think you can share some?

Pin It button on image hover