The Real LIfe

So things have calmed down around here and we're just hanging out and trying to have fun and not have anyone cry (me included)


So here are some funny/cute pics i've collected over the past few weeks. Just a warning, there are some pictures that have "feminine products" in them...but I figure probably all viewers of this blog are women and it's pretty funny, I feel it should be fine.


One day, as the kids were playing, I walked in to find Emma was 1/2 way on Kate, huggin and kissing her cheek. Kate was just lying there, laughing, letting Emma smash her. So I grabbed the camera and they were still just being silly. I was dying. Another funny story was Kate catching my eye as she slid down the hall backwards on her belly. I did a double take, wondering how she was doing that. Come to find that Emma had her by the feet, draggin her down the hall and Kate was just laughing...I started cracking up! They are starting to get so funny and silly and I love it!




Here's what I was talking about above. Emma had found my box of tampons and upwrapped like 1/2 the box and put the unused tampons in the garbage..I don't know why or what she was thinking but it was a shocker when I walked into the bathroom to find it.








Here's Kate being her happy, clingy, never want to be from my side, self...

Here's Kate in the car, being her cute self.

We had a big weekend this past weekend. Joe's parents, 2 of his brothers and sister came out to visit us. Camilla stayed with us while the rest of his family stayed at the Stephen's, a friend of the family's. It was a great visit and we did some fun stuff. Camilla and I went downtown and walked around and had lunch and then joined his brothers at Splashtown on Friday. Saturday, JOe, me, Camilla and the girls hit the outlet malls and took advantage of the tax-free weekend they had. Then last night, all the kids (not Emma and Kate) went to the Batmad movie on the IMAX and it was so good. Joe and I hadn't seen it so it was fun. His family left this morning and it was good to see them again. But we all know they came out to see and play with the girls. I can't complain though since we get free babysitting and house cleaning (Thanks Margie!). So it was a great weekend and now onto a normal week ahead.

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

goldie said...

Gotta love the tampons! Email me (goldie_gunderson@yahoo.com) when you come into town so I can send you my phone number so you can come try on that dress! When is the wedding?

The Blaisdell Family said...

Ok, my boys did almost the same thing with tampons they found this past week too!!

They just walked into the room, tampons unwrapped, and asked, "what the heck is this?". We laughed (and were a little weirded out) then went downstairs to find more "remains" on the kitchen floor. What the heck? What's the need to unwrap them?

Anyway, glad you had some fun family time. It sounds like the girls are becoming more and more friends now that they are getting older. It's so cute isn't it?

Hope you got something good from the outlets!!!

McArthur Family said...

I loved the pictures and the commentary.

much love- amber

celeste said...

I remember Isaac doing the "tampon thing" when he was a bit younger. Kids are so much fun!

katie t said...

oh yeah carter laughed hard at the tampon thing...but thats only his big uncle mike introduced him to them!!!! gotta love the brothers :)

i can't wait to see them in less than a month!!! yipee!
but i hope that the cousins don't all kill each other :(

Ben and Nanci Hanks said...

Your girls are so cute! Sounds like a fun busy weekend.

Heather said...

Lyssa, I don't know if you remember me. Heather Husted from London....I got your blog address from Elizabeth. Your girls are adorable and I love your Boutique items! It's fun to see you again!

Lindsey Whiting said...

So fun that your girls laugh so much together. I love the tampons, you should have Anne-Marie tell you a funny "tampon" story...

Andrea said...

If you can blog stalk, so can I. Micaela also has an obsession with feminine products which has actually turned out to be very helpful when I am in need of one.

MERRIANNE said...

HA HA!!! oh my goodness......

now THAT is real life at it's FINEST!!!!

Pin It button on image hover