Journal Entry #3: The Plan

So Tee minus 33 hours to go before #3 comes!
I'm nervous...really, truly nervous!
I'm excited to not be pregnant.
I'm impatient to see this little guy.

Here's the plan or here was the plan a day ago.

My parents drove down today from UT to visit, watch the girls while I went to the hospital and had the baby. Then they can come visit in the hospital and the girls can see their brother! My parents are to stay here until Wednesday morning, where they will drive back with the girls. They will stay in UT for about a week.

(Such a nice relief to know they will be taken care of and that I will be able to really recover and relax with just 1 kid for a week...but it will be so so weird!)

That was the plan until this morning. My sister-in-law had some extreme pain and some weird things going on with her body so she had to go to the ER this morning! So my parents had to delay their departure to watch their little baby until 11:30 am or so.

Come to find my SIL somehow was infected with Hepititus A...poor girl! So while she's in the hospital, my brother still has to work and go to school. So they need help with the baby. So my parents had to cut their visit and trip short. They left at 11:30 am this morning, came in town around 7 pm, did a very quick visit, and then turned back around with the girls to UT.

It was kind of a shock and took some time to sink in that my girls would not be around when their brother would come. This is definitely harder on me then them. They were so excited to drive back with Grandma and Grandpa and go to UT...which I am so glad that with the change of plans, they did awesome. It was just hard on me because, well, I am a planner! I like to keep to a set schedule or plan. It is much more comfortable that way, to know what to expect!

So as they left around 8:30 pm tonight, I was definitely sad. Tomorrow is going to weird without them here!
And Joe still has to go to school so I have a whole day without anyone....so so weird! Didn't think that would happen again.

But I have definite plans for myself tomorrow:
Sleep in.
Return library books and DVDs.
Pick up/clean house so I will return from the hospital to a clean house (nothing better!).
Finish up last minute things I want to do before baby #3 comes.
And probably take a few naps.

Again, it's just going to be weird but it will be nice to have a kid-free day.

But I already miss them...even though they'd be in bed right now...just knowing that they are in a car to UT kind of spoils it!

So I should get to bed so I don't exhaust myself. Looking forward to what tomorrow will bring ...
And especially what Tuesday brings!

9 comments:

erin said...

Ahh, how exciting that the little guy is coming soon! That is nice that your parents have the girls so you can enjoy time with #3! Let me know if you need anything, and I will give you a call to figure out when we can bring dinner.
(BTW, I voted for Luke.. definitely my fav since I know a cute one!! ;)

Cliff and Courtney's Family said...

Lyssa!! That is awesome you get some down time before your little boy arrives. I would KILL for that I am not even pregnant. I wish you the best of luck....I can't believe you are having your baby it really does seem like yesterday we were VT and you were like 8 weeks along. I wish your SIL the best of luck. Can't wait to see baby #3. Miss ya

melimba said...

oh my! what a crazy/exciting/fun/etc. time!
I, like you, am a planner, and even though it will all be okay, I get how you could wig out a little bit.
but, good for you to take it in stride! What a fun gift to have time to prepare and do whatever you want!

How great for your parents to take your darling girls on a little trip. I love that idea!

Good work, we can't WAIT to see this little baby of yours!!! EnJoY the next few hours!!!! :)

Haylee said...

Hey so excited for you!! I wish it was me going in tomorrow! I hope everything goes well for you!

the dunns said...

You deserve a little break before the baby gets here, so enjoy the day today and good luck tomorrow. it is funny that nothing ever goes as you plan!!!!

Cairen said...

How exciting! Can't wait to see your little guy... I would like to bring dinner to you guys, so please let me know when you will be home from the hospital. Good luck with everything!

Tyler and Erin said...

I'm so excited for you guys and tomorrow! I can't wait to see pics of this little guy!

Kristen said...

that would be so hard to not have your other kids with you to see your new one. In the long run, it will be awesome for you to have all that time to adjust though. Sounds like something I need to do next time.

The Blaisdell Family said...

So glad things worked out in a round about way! When Camden was born Josh was puking so none of the kids got to come to the hospital and see their new brother. I cried about it! I think it is so sad when the whole family can't be there for when the new one is SO new!!! I cried a lot about it! But life does go on.

And hello, a week without having to care for other kids but the new one is the BEST plan out there!! I wish I had that with every child!! I would much rather have that than someone coming and staying at my house for a week. Geez, enjoy that time to the fullest!!!

Congrats again on Luke, can't wait to hear more about the big day!

Pin It button on image hover