Utah Shop Hop: Day 1 & 2


Back in June, when I visited family in UT, my mom, sisters and I went on a little excursion around Central UT to hit all the Quilt Shops participating in the Utah Shop Hop in hopes to win a Bernina model #330 Sewing Machines valued at $1300.  When you visit each shop, they stamp a card to show you were there.  At the last shop, you turn it in to be put into the drawing and you get a little gift...which I will show you tomorrow.
We were so confident that one of us would win it ;) but if not that, win something right?

So here's the lowdown of the stores, Brigham City down to Springville, even over to Tooele!  From June 15-18th, each Shop had a book theme so it was fun to see each store and how they decorated.  
The best part of this 3-day challenge was being in the car with them for that long.  Especially the long drive to Brigham City & Tooele.  It was so fun to have spent that time with them since I live in WA.

First day, we started in Sandy at Quilts Etc, which had a "Sherlock Holmes" book theme.  I couldn't help take pictures of their beautiful quilts and fabrics!






Next we drove down to Springville to Corn Wagon Quilts Co.  They did TWILIGHT.   My favorite.  end of story.
They had such fun decorations that my sister's and I just couldn't help ourselves!
Edward, Me, Katie, Ashley, Penny &....Bella.

Sigh...he looks so real huh?
They even had a contest when we were in the store and I got pick to do a "Minute to Win It" game.  It is hard to explain what I had to do with a stack of plastic cups but let's just say the other competitor was cheating....cough cough...don't tell her I told you...

Anyways, after Springville, we went home to eat dinner then we went back down to The Stitching Corner in Orem , which did  The Secret Garden & American Quilter in Orem, which did Anne of Green Gables.  Sorry, no pictures of those.  But both stores were decorated up nice with their themes.

We were wiped out at that point.  Especially the last half since we took our kids..yikes!  Don't recommend doing that ever...ever ever ever ever ever.

Alright, on to Day 2:
We headed out to Tooele to Sew Sweet.  They did 2000 leagues under the Sea.  The whole store was covered in Ocean paraphernalia.  They had an Eye Spy game & demos.  Great little shop :)

On the way back home, we hit Broadbents in Lehi.  They did Great Gatsby.  They had quotes all over the walls and served treats with ginger ale.  Broadbents is a fun store and have been there before.

Next will be Day 3 & my goods.

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover