Grandpa in Town!

Grandpa's Here!
My Dad was able to come visit us for a few day this past weekend. It was so fun and nice to have in here! Emma, at first, was a little nervous but 10 minutes later, was hooked! He came in Friday morning and we visited. He took care of my apartment and changed the oil in my car. Once Joe got home, we planned what to do for Saturday and then we went to go eat at Red Robin. Yummy! That was delicious. We then rented Cars, since my Dad hadn't seen it yet! So we got home and watched it. I think my Dad was probably asleep 1/2 the time but it is always a
favorite movie of mine!



Here are some cute shots of Emma and Grandpa. THey were singing the ABC song with the dog.







Here's Emma in her favorite garbage can. We pick her up while she's inside the can so we just transfer her everywhere. She laughs the whole time.













Saturday, we went to the Natural Bridge Caverns. It was a pretty cool place. We walked underground in these awesome caves. One room was as big as a football field! Emma, surprisingly was really good through the whole thing since it was about 75 minutes long. It was 75 degrees under there with 99% humidity, geez it was wet down there...





























There was this awesome scorpian inside the visitor's center! It was so still and frozen, we thought it was a fake. Then my dad tapped it with his foot and it squirmed all over the place. So then my dad just killed it. But scary huh? Emma or some other kid could have just found it and picked it up! So luckily that didn't happen.








After we got done with the Caverns, we got home and rested until later afternoon, when we went to Christine's BBQ, which is one of the "8 crazy nights" activities. It involved everyone's family but we were just trying to fill days so it would be 8. It was lots of fun. We had yummy hamburgers and hotdogs. Emma played in the back yard the whole time. She was having fun sliding down their play system they had there. Here are some shots of her playing...She is just so adorable :)








4 comments:

maggie said...

Adorable! but what's with the dog sized insect!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mags

Cairen said...

Oh I am glad you had so much fun with your Dad! It's great to have parents come and visit! I also LOVE the movie CARS! I think that it is so dang funny!
Please tell me you don't see scorpions around all the time! That freaks me out! I thought our cockroaches were bad! AHH!
I love how Emma puts bins on her head, and sits in garbage cans! I think it looks so fun! I never let meika do fun stuff like that! I probably need to loosen up a little.
I hope all your friends aren't moving away! Its hard being away from family.
Well I think this is just about long enough to make into a book! So I will be going now!

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

How fun to have your dad come for a visit. You guys did some really fun things! And I agree with you Emma looks adorable playing.

nataliep said...

Lyssa,
I have been checking out your blog but I finally signed up so I can leave comments. I just have to say... you are such a cute pregnant woman!

Pin It button on image hover