Big Girl Bed!

Emma's not quite at the stage in her life where she'll sleep in a toddler bed, but it doesn't hurt for her to get used to one in her room! We found this cute little bed on Craig's List...love it!...botht the bed and mattress for only $25. I was so excited to get it. We had a normal foam twin size mattress on the floor before but I don't think she ever thought of it as a bed...only a trampoline or something. So this one, she pretends to sleep on it and cuddle up on it but she's not quite comfortable of letting go of the crib. That is fine by me. We've got a bassinet for #2 so we've got a few months to figure this thing out. But I was just glad to find something to got her excited so she'll be more inclined to try it out!...oh and I have less than 2 weeks until i'm due...is that scary to anyone else?
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jazmin said...

I got Matthew to sleep on his toddler bed by putting him in his crib for naps and then when he was really deep asleep I would transfer him to his toddler bed. Then when he woke up he realized he could get out of his bed and walk out to were ever I was. He really liked that and then we did the same for night sleeping. And it was really easy! he was even younger that Emma, so I don't think you will have big problems!

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

I love this little bed! It is so cute...and such a great price. I say keep her in the crib as long as you can for your sake. She'll be a little more contained and more likely to nap and not just play in her room. I'm not there yet, just hearing about it from my sister-in-law. :) Good luck!

The Blaisdell Family said...

That's awesome! And you know what; when she's ready you will love it. This way if you are in bed with Kate and Emma gets up she can just come to you. It actually makes life a little easier I think. Have fun with that and good luck. You can do it Emma!!

Cairen said...

I can not blieve you got that bed for so cheap!!!
Thats awesome! Its funny you are so scared about having a second child because once she is here it will seem so natural, like she has always been here...
So fun!!!

Kobie said...

the bed is so cute lyss! craigs list is the best!

Pin It button on image hover