She is finally here!




Well I'm alive! Things have been quite interesting the past couple of days. Most of you know the whole ordeal with scheduling the inducing first on Tuesday then getting bumped to Friday. Yet finally the day came and we went to the hospital at 6 am. Yet the hospital was still pretty full so we had to wait in the waiting room for over an hour. They finally did get us into a room and got the Pitocin started around 8:30. I was at a 3-4 when I got going. My doctor came and broke my water around 9:20. An hour later I was at a 6-7. So things were moving fairly quick. My doctor had a scheduled c-section at 12;30 so she was jokingly saying that we need to get this baby out before then...little did she know that my body goes super fast with labor/deliveries. So they check me an hour later, like 11:30 and I was at a 10! My doctor was at the neighboring hospital so they inform her and my nurse starts getting me ready, having me push here and there. Dr. Cerny came and I pushed for about 20 minutes and at 12:10, Kate Olivia Zimmerman was born! She was 8 lbs 4.5 oz and 18 1/2 inches long. She healthy and chubby! She looks like Emma but has her own look. We think she even looks more like me!! She's been a good baby so far.

All complications have been with me.

When I got my epidural, the Dr. accidentally went too far and penetrated the spiral fluid. In most cases, its no big deal. Yet with me, it caused me to have a spinal headache...and for those who don't know anything about this, they are horrendous! I don't think i've even felt anything so painful in my life. And healing can take from 2 weeks to 6 months! I was hoping it would go away but it wasn't. And sadly, the super nice Anesthesiologist who originally did it and was concerned was out of town the next day. So when on Saturday, when symptoms started happening, the dr on call came and did a consultation on doing the necessary surgery to heal a spinal headache. To him though, I didn't have one so he dismissed it. So that was that. Yet the headache kept getting worse and then came the nausea and light sensitivity. So I thought it was a migrane but it wasn't. Long story short, last night, we headed to the ER to see an Anethesologist to have them to a Epidural Blood Patch to fix it. We got there at 9, waited 2 hours until we finally saw someone. Some one came and did the procedure pretty quick. I then had to lay on my back there for an hour and then come home and be on bedrest for 24 hours. It would have been nice to have just stayed at the hospital an extra day and have them take care of the procedure but i',m just glad I was able to get it taken care of. I've never had that much pain in my eyes and head in my life.!! So that's what i've been up to these past few days. Luckily my sister is here taking care of Emma and Joe's first day of school wasn't that tough so today wasn't that hard I guess. The headache is gone and now all my pain is focused on my back and "undercarriage?" Anyways, Tomorrow will be much better I hope. Here are some pictures of the new baby. I plan on taking more when I can move around.

12 comments:

Jazmin said...

Lyssa, she's so cute & chubby! CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEWEST MEMBER!let me know if I can help you out with anything.

Elizabeth J. said...

She's a beauty Lyssa! Congrats. I can't believe you are the mama of two! Seems like just yesterday you were dyeing my hair in London! I am so happy for you!!!

Heather said...

congratulations! I have been waiting to hear about your new one!

natalie said...

Congratulations on a beautiful and healthy baby girl. I'm so happy for you guys. I'm sorry about your horrific experience with the spinal headache. My head was actually hurting just reading about it. I hope it doesn't come back so you can enjoy these first days with your little one. Love the name Kate Olivia. So pretty!

Russ and Nat said...

Congrats!! Melissa (Wood) and I were talking about all your delayed labor and I was starting to get worried that you hadn't posted anything for a while because you are such a regular! You look pretty relieved in your pictures....sorry about your epidural nightmare! Kate is SO cute!

Cairen said...

oh good!! I am so glad that she is finally here! I am really sorry to hear about your headaches, that does not sound very fun to have to deal with that!
She is so dang cute! And she does look a little like Emma!
Well CONGRATULATIONS! you are going to love having you'r two girls! Today I spent most the day watching Meika and Sienna follow each other around and they just laugh so hard at each other! It has been a lot of fun with two girls!

Jed and Rachel said...

Guys she is beautiful!!! Jed and I wanted to congratulate your family,

Kristen said...

SO sorry to hear about the botch. Aaron told me and I felt so terrible for you. One of these days you will get a normal hospital stay what with you having to share a room with the gansta and his girlfriend with Emma and now this with Kate. Poor Lyssa. I feel for you. I wish I lived closer, then I would have Emma come play with Lily.

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Congrats! She is beautiful!

Sarah C. said...

Congrats Zimmerman family!! I'm so glad you're all right lyssa! Sounds like a scary ordeal. Yikes! Kate is BEAUTIFUL!

Courtney said...

Hope you are doing ok and getting back to normal. I'm so happy for you that she is finally here. I will have to come see her sometime, but I'll wait till you feel a little better.

Courtney said...

The camera is an Olympus Stylus 725. It is waterproof and shockproof that is the main reason we got it. But we have been happy with it so far. That sucks that you can't take pictures of Kate! Do you have any camera to take pictures of her at all?

Pin It button on image hover