Annual Cookie Frosting/Gift Exchange Party


 A big group of girls came over Friday night to do our Annual Cookie Frosting/Gift Exchange Party.  It was so yummy and fun...I hate to say it but we all probably gained like 5 lbs from all the cookies we ate.  My mom has THE best recipe for Sugar cookies and frosting so it was really good!
Marcie, Linsay, Jamie, Courtney, Christine, Me, Jill & Jenni.  Thanks Jazmin for taking the picture!

Christine, Jill, Me, Jami
Amber, Jenni, Jazmin, Hillery
Jami, Marcie, Linsay, Courtney
After that, we played some games.  We first played "Faces" which is a pretty fun game.  That didn't last long since we went straight to Pit and that was CRAZY.  By then, there was only eight of us left.  We got into it so much, I was surprised that my kids didn't wake up from all the "TWO TWO TWO...THREE THREE THREE!!!"  We played many rounds and by the end, who was the winner?  ME!  I had one five games.  Jill came in a very close second place.  I really thought she was going to win since she had some great tactics down.
So it was a great night, Thanks everyone for coming!  I'm still recovering from it!  We won't go into detail of how late the party went but believe me, being used to going to bed before 11, this was well past that :0
And I just have to give a shout out to the original partiers!  Jaime, Emily & Melissa, we missed you guys here!  Hope you're having Happy Holidays!!

11 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

Oh, I'm so sad I wasn't able to be there! I will have to continue that tradition here, but everyone I know is leaving so early for Christmas! Maybe next year...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun. I love playing pit. We've had that game in our family since I can remember. It is so fun to play.

And on to better things.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYSSA! I hope you have a fantastic day and that Joe lets you sleep in:) Thanks for being such a good friend to me. You're the best! (don't worry...I'll call you later) :)

Jenni said...

Lyssa this was so much fun! And I didn't eat a cookie while I was there, because I was still feeling pretty sick from having finished that nasty test, but I ate some on Saturday and they were absolutely divine! Gosh, I will definitely be making these in the future! And thanks for letting me swipe these pics off your blog :)

Jazmin said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYSSA! I hope youve enjoyed your fun day! Thanks for inviting me to the party, i'm so sad I didn't get to stay longer :( but oh, well its not like i don't see you guys like 4 times out of the week! Again, hope you had a fun day!

natalie said...

What a fun idea. Okay, I just might steal it.

Cairen said...

Oh looks like you guys had fun at your party! I love decorating for Christmas, we don't have very much stuff either, but after fighting with the Christmas lights I was glad that I was done.
When are you guys getting to Utah?

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

YOu have such a fun group of girls down there in SA! You guys seem to do some really fun things. I think your christmas trees are great fun. They are really cute.

Christine said...

It was so fun Lyssa! I am so glad you decided to host it. It was sad to not have the original partiers there, but you did a fabulous job. Thanks for inviting me!

katie t said...

How fun! You are lucky that you are all there for each other!

Jamie Smith said...

Thanks for hosting a fabulous party! I had so much fun! And yes, I think I gained 5 lbs. I need to send a different picture of me though, because all you can see in yours is my butt. No putting up bad pictures of me! I don't put up any questionable ones of you anymore. Even though you always look great! Well, thanks for all the yummy cookies too!

The Kerr Family said...

I made your cookies this past weekend and was laughing as I remembered our cookie parties. Ahh...the good times! Wish I could have been there to join in the fun. I only recognize about half the girls that attended. I'm glad that the tradition is continuing on, even if it is without me. How could San Antonio not have come to a complete stop when my family left? I'm still shocked over that one!
Hope you had a great b-day too!

Jonny and Suzette Baird said...

Are you kidding me Lyssa...your kids are the cutest kids ever!!! Holly cow and you look so pretty, you have always been so pretty though. How fun you’re little growing family. I am so happy I found your blog because I love the blog world, ha ha ours is http://parkcitybairds.blogspot.com/
Good now we can really stay in touch well. I think I am totally craving sugar cookies now, I might go make some. I miss you!
Love, Suzette

Pin It button on image hover