Home, Glorious Home!

After not posting for 2 weeks, there is a reason.  I've been vacationing in Utah for Christmas.  It's not easy posting pictures on a different computer and storing pictures etc etc.  So I figured i'd be fine doing it after when I got home.  Well I didn't realize how many pictures I took while in Utah. And even in this post, i'm not putting pictures in because I still haven't downloaded them into my computer.  I'm barely getting up and getting laundry going!  

So I never thought I'd look forward to going back to Texas.  Don't get me wrong, Utah is great and ALL my family lives there so it's like a big Terry bash every time.  Yet when you get stuck into 1 room with everyone for 9 days, with an unfamiliar bed to sleep on, it's not really a "vacation."  So now that we are back, it's so nice, with my comfy bed and humid air to breathe!  

On that note, I was amazed at how dry the air is in Utah.  I grew up there so I guess I never realized that.  I am now used to the humid air of San Antonio that Utah, in the winter, is horrible and very uncomfortable.  It's now no wonder why I was sick all the time growing up!  And poor Emma, her hair was a pure static ball the whole time!  I HATE static hair, it's the worst feeling so I knew what she was going through...

So once I get my pictures downloaded, i'll just be doing an array of pictures from the trip.  I got some funny videos too.

So anyways, my home has now become TX, which is a scary thought sometimes but I can't complain.  It really isn't that bad.

5 comments:

Chrissy said...

It's good to have you back in the promised land.

The Blaisdell Family said...

Welcome home! It was strange to read that you were home already, that was the fastest Christmas break!! I swear I just talked to you about getting ready to leave to UT!

Anyway, glad you made it back safely. And by the way, I'm not ignoring you. We still have family around until the 2nd so we have been busy. I've gotten your messages, but it's always too late to call you back.

And....THANK YOU for my birthday present(s). I LOVE all of it. You're such a great friend. Thanks for thinking of me. Love and miss you TONS!!

Ellice said...

I can os relate with Emma and the static... I am dying still :). We should be back soon too, but in the mean time I only try to brush my hair once... or get some dryer sheets and rub them all over my head ... (that is the only thing I have found that helps :) ) Glad you made it back safely. You have to admit.. don't you think it was nice to have a white Christmas??

natalie said...

I agree. Nothing like your own bed and warm TX weather!

Kristen said...

That's is exactly how I feel. It is so hard to breathe dry air, and it totally made Lily's hair static-y all the time. Plus my poor kids' skin was like an elephant's buttock then entire time in AZ.

Pin It button on image hover