"Wicked Awesome" Game Night

Saturday night, we were invited to a couples' game night.  Jamie Smith and Jenni Konkle co-hosted it at the Konkles.  It was so much fun and so glad that we were able to come.  Luckily we were able to find a babysitter for the kids so we could go.  Just have to say thanks Jane for watching my girls.  Emma took right to you so expect another call from me :)

Anyways, it wasn't only a game night but also an appetizer contest and smore making over the fire pit.  So I made some crescent cream cheese and bacon rolls and brought way too many.  We first ate and "judged" the appetizers.  I think Jami won by a landslide since everyone loved the bacon-wrapped chicken she brought.  It was pretty yummy.  I have to give a shout out to the 2nd place winners, The Rays, who brought some yummy mini corn dogs.  Nice job guys!  Jami got some awesome prizes :)

Next, we played one round of Charades.  

That was just a transition to the good stuff.  BUNCO.  Fun game.  Not good at it...but Joe is and was that night.   He was the #1 winner of the night.  He got the highest number of Buncos with 4.  He had never played it before so I was so proud of him!  
Here are all the "winners".  Chrissy got most wins, Joe with most Bunco's, Brian with most Losses(#1 loser), and Jami with her appetizers.
Here is Jamie explaining the rules...Everyone Listen Up!
After wards, we huddled around their "wicked awesome" fire pit they have in their backyard and made smores and talked.  It was really fun and just nice to not have the kids around for a couple of hours...kids, still love ya...so it was great!
They were talking inside for way too long...

So Jill and I made ourselves comfortable and shared some warmth :)  We love those smores!!

Here we are getting smoked on...and I completely forgot to tell Joe to bring a coat so he got pretty cold...sorry sweetie..wha wha...
And here's a pic of Emma with her new winter outfit...LOVE iT!

13 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

Looks like fun!! So is Jenni's backyard just one big fire pit?

I've been doing the whole "bunco" things for a couple months now with friends here in ID. It is only fun with a fun group of people that is for sure!! I'm sad we didn't do this when we all lived by each other! We would have had a blast!

Glad you and Joe got out without the kids. Craig and I need to do that more often!

You look great by the way!!!!

Jazmin said...

I'm such a loser for not going!! anyway, you guys looked like you had fun, and I agree with Jaime you are looking so skinny!!! argghh!!!! I hate you!! JK!!

Merry Christmas!

katie t said...

so fun and you look so cute! I wish that I had a husband :( or maybe not! :) countdown until you get here and we are down to 2 days!

katie t said...

ps its not strep that the kids have :)

Hillery said...

Emma's outfit is adorable! I want to see her in it.

Kristen said...

Lyssa, can you email me your address? kristenandaaron@hotmail.com
thanks! :)

Jami Black said...

I agree... it was totally wicked awesome. I loved playing Bunco with you-you are too fun! P.S. You could have left that first picture of me and Brian off-funky monkey! oh well. Have fun in Utah and I can't wait til' you get back!

natalie said...

I love bunco. There is a group of girls that plays once a month in our neighborhood and I've gone a few times, but they play for hours!!
Love emma's oufit. So cute. Where did you get that dress?

Cairen said...

that looks like fun, I love Christmas and all the parties and fun that comes with it. Emma's little winter outfit is very cute!

Chrissy said...

Emma looks so adorable. That was a fun party!

annie and jared said...

hey there lyssa! you guys look like you are having fun. where is joe going to dental school?

Jill said...

Thanks for posting these pictures - it was such a fun party! And I agree with what others said about Emma's outfit; it is adorable!

JamieB2003 said...

Too fun!!! I'm glad you were able to get a babysitter and come this time! Have a Merry Christmas!

Pin It button on image hover