Welcome to the 21st Century...

Well we have finally done it. After years of no communication away from home, we got CELL PHONES!! We got a family plan with 2 lines so that we both could have phones. Finally I can get a hold of him when I need him that second...and vice versa! Here's our beautiful phones:
THis one is Joe's. It's a Samsung

THis one is mine :) A Nokia. My past cell phones have been Nokias and I really like them.

Both are camera and video phones. I'm going to feel so hip and cool with this thing in my purse!

We got it through T-mobile since most of the people we call have that network. So talking with them is free. Long Distance is free, Nights and weekends are free...texting is NOT free so don't do it. We get charged by just receiving texts, not opening them! So do not do it!! But anyways, we got them online since you get much better deals there. They had tons of phones for free online compared to the stores we went to. So we haven't actually gotten them yet. But sometime this week, we'll get them and i'll be so happy :)

6 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

So you think you will be able to get a hold of him that second you need him??? Wow, if that happens you have the perfect relationship!! Half of the time Craig was on campus he didn't get reception so it was hours sometimes before I got a hold of him. Which always made me nervous when I was pregnant. When my water broke with Ryan, Rachel got a hold of Tom via IM who then did a pass along method until the message got to Craig and he finally made it home!!

Anyway, that is way exciting. You will love having your own phone. It is SOOOOOO nice for so many reasons. But yeah, NO TEXT MESSAGING!! That is too expensive for my taste too. And I'm glad you got T-mobile:). We have the Fave 5 plan though so it's always long distance for everyone BUT those 5 but those 5 are who we would normally spent most of our minutes on, so with those 5 being free now, we haven't even come close to using all our minutes and Craig even uses it for work.

Have fun with your new phones!!!

Jamie Smith said...

Congrats! I can't believe you lived so long without one! Way to finally be hip!

Jazmin said...

yeah, seriously WELCOME TO THE 21ST CENTURY!! after this life will never be the same!! I got my first cell in 9th grade and haven't been able to function without it since!

Kristen said...

I can't believe you just now got them! Wow. Kudos for lasting that long. Aaron and I got the family plan like 5 years ago. I still cringe every month paying like $75/month after taxes just to be able to talk on the phone.

Jami Black said...

Yippeeee! I am so excited for you. I am also way impressed with how long you went without one. I have to agree with Jaime though, sometimes it is impossible to get ahold of him if he is in lab or elsewhere without service. Still, this should make your life a little easier and less stressful. Congrats!

The Kerr Family said...

Technology is a marvelous thing. When we had Gray, I finally told Eric that it was time to join the 21st century and get cell phones. It's just comforting to know that help is just a phone call away if you ever need it.

Pin It button on image hover