Exploring, Cakes and Fairs...Phew!


So I am becoming a "one week poster girl" for this blog. I don't mean to really, it's just been crazy the past couple of weeks. Well first off, life with Kate is becoming more fun. She's scooting ALL over the place. She's begun to explore all areas of our apartment. So not crawling yet but I know it'll come eventually, right?




Second, we had a Killer Craft night this past week. Thanks to Linsay Jarvis and her awesome cake-decorating skills, we learned how to decorate two different ways! Oh by the by, Linsay has her own cake-shop on line. Check out what she can do! http://www.cakesbylinsay.blogspot.com/ :) We had a great turn out and it was tons of fun :)


Here's the "Blue with white polka-dots Cake" side

Here's the "pretty flower cake" side
Here's me and the finished product!!


Then, yesterday, we had our first Craft Fair for our "CIM" on-line shop! We headed out to Bulverde to a carnival that was going on. It was a great first-time experience and I think we did rather well! We passed out TONS of cards to potential buyers so I think it will help spread the word!


Here's our Table, all beautifully decorated with the CIMs!!

Here's Jazmin after her first sale!! (she did awesome, by the way)

Here's our little model :) She was sporting one of Celeste's Hair clips and headbands and also a pair of "Chubby Legs" baby leg warmers (which I ended up buying since they are so darn cute!!)

I'm so excited to see what happens next!!

14 comments:

annie and jared said...

she is so adorable, oh my goodness. i love that headband on her, i need to get more crafty.

Tyler and Erin said...

She looks like she will be crawling within the next couple weeks. I'm glad your fair went well! You guys really have such cute things! I need to save up my money.

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Way to go you Creatively Inclined Moms! I am impressed you did a fair. You guys are definitely going places with this thing. Also, I love the cake decorating party. Looks like you guys had a blast!

lisset said...

that is so awesome that you have a group of gals you can play with and craft with. i'm jealous! super cute cakes by the way... you are making me hungry!

Jamie Smith said...

What a beautiful Model you had at the craft fair! So cute!!!

I love y'alls cakes! They turned out so good! That looked like so much fun! I wish I could have been there! So did you eat yours yet?

Linsay Jarvis said...

Lyssa I am so impressed your craft stand looked great! I'm so glad to hear you guys had great success!!

The Blaisdell Family said...

How fun! Cake decorating classes are the best!! Wish I could have been there.

Good Job on the craft fair! Hopefully, like you said, passing out some business cards will spread the word. You guys really do have some cute, cute stuff for sale!

And Lyssa, you look SO skinny! If you say you are STILL trying to lose weight, well pardon me for a moment while I go throw up! J/k:) But for real...you are skinny enough, you look beautiful!

Christine said...

Fun, fun, fun! Hey, blogging once a week is still pretty good... seeing as a blog once every few weeks ;). I am so happy for you and your business. I hope it continues to go well! Maybe when I have money I will buy something....

The Shirleys said...

THe cakes look great! I feel bad I missed it, but you all look like you had fun.

Congrats on the fair. I hope things go well with you online shop!

Heather Lee said...

yeah my mom is the only person I'll leave Holland with at this point. I figure she did a good enough job with me. wink. If I lived millions of miles away from my mom we wouldn't be going out until Holland is 18.

Hillery said...

Look at Kate movin' around! That pic of her is adorable. Love the baby leg warmers.

katie t said...

so cute! can't wait to see you (and the fam of course) yipee!

Maren said...

Lyssa I found you!! That is so cool that you are doing craft fairs. I am going to be doing one in June I think! I am so excited!!!!!! Check out our blog!!!!!
ryanmarenjohnson.blogspot.com
I think that is what it is..if not email me...shortie1985@sbcglobal.net

natalie said...

holy crap. You have millions of people commenting on your blog! I'm glad you were successful at the craft fair. Hey maybe sometime you guys should come up to austin for one! I know of a few good ones.

Pin It button on image hover