Spring Break!!

We had an awesome break this past week.  It was Joe's Spring Break and it was well needed!!  We headed out to Joe's parent's house Saturday morning and arrived 5 hours later to Port Neches, TX...which seriously, no offense to any who love that place...but it's a hole...lol sad but true!  it just reminds me of a texas small town..nothing to do but go...
Crabbing!!
Yes, it is true.  For the first time in my life, I went crabbing.  Me, Joe, and his two brothers, Matt & Spencer, drove to the Neches? river and went crabbing:

So what's crabbing, you ask?  Well you get some string, raw chicken, like drum sticks and you're set!  You tie the drumsticks to the string and throw it in the river and wait....and wait some more until the line is tight...which means you've got a pinch or, in other words, a crab!

The first crab we got and who do you think netted him?  ME!  Here's the little guy...and still quick alive, mind you...yes I was VERY nervous to hold him..but thanks to the guys, they made me feel not so "I've never been crabbing" anymore :)

See?  The crabs latch onto the chicken, which we slowly pull up until we net them...this time we got 2!

In love and crabbing...what could be better?!
I can honestly say that I had a blast that day!  We would have been out there for longer had we not had to get back home to the girls.  We caught so many too!  It was a whole cooler full of them.  That night, they cooked them up and I ate my first crab :)..I mean :(...not a seafood fan but I had to taste it since I did catch them.


Where are the girls through all this and pretty much the whole Spring break?  In the back yard of course!  Why wouldn't they?  They've got a trampoline, a lawn and a dog!  Emma was in Heaven!  This is Emma playing with Stephen...
( K I love how Kate looks in the background...just looking around with her fat cheeks..)
This is kate doing her excited ,spazzing dance with Matt...

This is Rocky, their dog and Emma's new best friend.  I'll be posting a video of her playing with him and it's hilarious.  Good thing he's old and nice because she would not leave him alone!  I love how she has him in a head lock!
And Kate got in on the fun with Rocky too..
Here's Kate with Spenser...

And Matt..
And with Peter...
And with Stephen...
And with Adam!!
As you could tell, the girls got LOTS of attention..which we are now trying to fix being back at home when they don't get THAT much...but anyways, yes Joe has LOTS of brothers at home...7 to be exact.  But I love being out there because I get a nice break :)

Another fun thing we did was get Emma a tricycle!  We're still teaching her how to ride it but it's so fun that she's big enough to ride one!   Anyways, had a great week!  Thanks Zimmerman's for letting us stay there and hanging out.  

13 comments:

annie and jared said...

i cant get over how cute your girls are! they are seriously adorable, and how fun to have so many uncles... that is crazy. so crabbing huh? i love to eat crab but i don't think i could eat it if i caught it for some reason, weird?

Cliff and Courtney's Family said...

sounds like you guys had a fun break....7 brothers??? That is crazy, but how fun for your girls.

Courtney said...

I totally know how you feel. The first and only time I ever went crabbing was with Mark and his brothers. I don't think we even caught anything though. Looks like you guys had fun.

JoEllen said...

Crabbing, eh? You look like a natural!!

Tyler and Erin said...

That is awesome you went crabbing. I think I would have been scared out of my mind. I hate seafood too but way to be brave and try out what you caught. Loved all the pics of the girls too. I was all... How many brothers does he have? but you answered the question before the end of the post. Are there any girls?

katie t said...

There's nothing like crabbin in good old wt port neches! Those events usually turn out quite fun so I am glad that you enjoyed it! It is quite the concept!
PS 25 days and counting.....

The Blaisdell Family said...

Craig and I went crabbing in Oregon on our honeymoon, but we did it on a big boat with a company out on the ocean. I'm sure it's not the same thing but I thought it was fun. I remember seeing people along different shore lines doing the whole "chicken" thing and Craig had to explain to me what the heck they were doing. I think random things like this are so fun just because you don't know what to expect!

I love the picture of you holding the crab...you can tell you are a little hesitant; which I would have been too!!

Your girls are so cute! I bet they had so much fun with all those uncles! I forgot Joe comes from such a large family of boys so when you were listing all of them with Kate, I was thinking MAN who are all these guys??:)

Glad you guys got away for Spring Break and also had some alone time without the kiddos. That's so nice to have happen every once in a while.

The Blaisdell Family said...

Oh, and cute shirt by the way. You always have cute clothes.

And I'm with you on the seafood thing. I'll try it, but I won't be asking to get any for dinner that's for sure!!

Marcie said...

I love your new blog! Crabbing sounds so fun. I'm not a big seafood person but I love crab! Looks like you made good use of the break.

The Shirleys said...

Looks like fun! I have been craw-dadd'n, which is just like crabbing only with crawdads. I love the pictures of Kate with her uncles. It is so fun to see those "manly" guys wrapped around a little "girly" finger.

Emma and Kate are so cute!

Kat Curtis said...

Your girls are beautiful!! I still can't get over their dimples. Go Spring Break! And hooray for families of boys too - I keep telling Jeremy I could do all boys. I don't know if I could have 8 kids or not, but I'm happy with my boys. (And then they can marry cute girls and I can get the best of both worlds!) :)

Jill said...

That looks like a lot of fun. After all the fishing we do, crabbing will have to be next on our list. I'm glad you guys had such a fun spring break. Your pictures turned out so cute and your girls, as always, look adorable.

Cairen said...

that looks like so much fun! I am glad that you guys got a break and were able to enjoy it with family. I didn't know that Joe had so many brothers... and they all look a lot a like... fun!

Pin It button on image hover