Potty Power: cast your vote



" I can do it myself,

I'm a big kid now

I can do it myself

I've got Potty Power"

How long do I have to listen to this song?!

I rented "Potty Power" from the library to get Emma pumped up about Potty training, so she can say "No more diapers for me!" (another song!)



We watch this movie too many times. I think I have them all memorized! Well that's all that I think about. I feel my window of opportunity is growing thin. So I need your help.



We are currently using a seat that goes on top of the big toilet but I think maybe it would help to get a little potty for her. So I want your vote on which one I should get:



#1 The Dora Potty Chair-This one might be a winner with Emma. She's nuts about Dora these days...selling for $10


#2 Royal Step stool potty by Fisher Price. This one is nice because as they grow, it grows with them, from a chair, to a seat on the toilet to a stool! It also plays music when they "properly" go. Selling for $10

#3 Baby Bjorn Potty. I don't know too much about this one but it's selling for $5



#4 is the Safety First Girl Potty chair. THis one i've been tempted to get at the store because it's totally girly and so cute! But it also serves as a stool too. Selling price: $10





So there you have it...which one should I get?!



12 comments:

steph, brent, and joaquin said...

E -- none of the above? I don't know if I can vote for any of those choices. I'm too much of a germaphobe (I don't have kids yet) so the idea of having Emma THAT close to other people's "business" really grosses me out. Sorry darlin. Good luck!

Jenni said...

hahaha--oh my gosh, I have to laugh....my youngest pulled out this DVD today and they watched it too!!! As I was shopping at the commisary this morning I was going down aisles while Caden sang "I can do it myself, I'm a big kid now, I can do it myself, I've got POTTY POWER"...those last two words he just HAD to sing super loud. Embarresing! At least he is potty trained so he can sing it proudly. Austin is showing true interest in it now so we'll see what happens. Good luck!

Jazmin said...

the dora one! whatever will make her sit on it!

THE ORMES said...

I'd let her pick. If she has choice in it, she might be more willing to use it.

THE ORMES said...

Oh and good luck!! :)

The Blaisdell Family said...

As far as cleaning goes...I say the Baby Bjorn one. It's SO easy to clean and you can get it in pink too. I am kind of a germ freak, so that's why I bought a Bjorn one. Anything that is fast and easy to clean for something like that is the one for me!!! But the Dora one looks simple to clean too.

But I agree, let her pick (with maybe a push from you if you want a specific one:) Good luck. She has to get it sometime soon! I don't know of a 4 year old still in diapers if that gives you hope:)

Oh, did you get her some Dora undies yet? They have cute ones at Gymboree too that she can pick out by herself.

lisset said...

i would let her pick if you are having trouble getting her interested. and you are brave to buy them second hand. ewwww. :)

katie t said...

thanks for another reminder that makes me sooooooooooooooo happy that i will not have to deal with that!!!!!

dora

i loved emma's organge/black tights....

natalie said...

Either #1 or #2. I'd take her to the store with you, let her pick it out, and make a big deal out of it.

Kristen said...

haha, aren't you glad I told you to get that DVD? I know it is SOOO annoying, but it worked for LIly. THose potties are really cheap, I want to know where you are finding them for that price?

Jed and Rachel said...

I like the fisher price one, but if she has a choice it may be more motivating for her.

Tim and Melissa said...

Go with the Baby Bjorn. After a few different ones, that easily tipped over or leaked (only a problem with boys), we tried the Baby Bjorn. It is so sturdy and easy to clean and they can empty it themselves - yes, sounds scary, but the book I used said that was part of the process. Great price too - I paid way more than that.

Good luck!!

Pin It button on image hover