Why I feel Sheepish!

It's been a great week. A week that I needed. I"ve had a lot of time to think through my thoughts on things going on in my life. I think last week was a breaking point in my mind. I had had a hard day in particular and needed a way out. So my last post was a nice venting session. And I am astounded by the response!
I am grateful for all of you who took time to leave a comment. THey gave me a slap in the face back to reality. I had a serious pity party and i'm kind of embarrassed! I mean I meant what I said at the time but my mind was focusing on the wrong things.
Here's what I found:

#1: I do need to realize that "blogging" is mainly used to communicate to family and friends who live far away. They want to see pictures and things that are going on with you and your family. I don't see anyting wrong with writing funny or "are you serious" stories to help depict how life is going. ANd I knew that but I think I was just desperate to find ANY type of outlet for my feelings. So next time, I think i'll just grab a pen and paper for that :)

#2: Need to remember that my life really isn't THAT bad. I have been blessed my whole life and I continue to receive blessings my Heavenly Father. Another reason I feel embarrased from my last post is it shows my ingratitude to Him and all he has given me and my family! I should never take that for granted!

#3: I need to remember that everyone has problems in their lives, big or small. Of course, they aren't going to throw it out there for all the world to read it. I just to remind myself always that everyone goes hard times or feels inadequate in this life. So althought they don't write about them, doesn't mean hard times don't happen to them. So I shouldn't assume that everyone has a great life except me!

#4: I realized that people do care. When life gets hard, it's the friends i've made that help me up. And I appreciate the kind words and support that you've written. I have a problem with becoming independant. It first starts from not wanting to be a burden on other people so I cope with things by myself. From that, people probably assume I don't need any help and that everything is just fine with me. But I don't allow people in and help me. I need to work on that.

I just find it appropriete that this experience happened this week. The Lord has been merciful and generous to me more than words can say.


9 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

What a great post Lyssa. I'm glad you feel better about things. I think these are things we ALL need to remember. You really are such a great friend to so many people Lyssa. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and being such a great example to me like always. I am so happy and proud to say you are my friend!!! Love ya tons!

Adams Family said...

i'm glad you feel better lyssa!
it's nice to know others feel the same way occasionally. Ü
thanks for being an awesome person. Ü

katie t said...

lyssa...
blogging can be whatever YOU want it to be.
i have found some are one way and others are completely another way but they are all great for what they are.
so put whatever you want and don't worry about what those of us out here think because it doesn't change how you feel. those of us who are your friends will still love you...always! be happy...be sad...be ventful...be whatever...but just be LYSSA :)

erin said...

I'm glad you had a good week! I just read the last couple posts. I love reading your blog and seeing your cute family... seriously, SUPER cute. So if you go private let us in! :)
Like you said, everynone has problems. I think most people just use blogs to skim the surface of what's going on in life, and use other mediums to express the not so savory parts... hmm... I'm not sure if I'm making sense... haha. (just my opinion on the matter.)
Anyway, hope you guys had a good Thanksgiving!

steph, brent, and joaquin said...

Aww, cousin. You're right -- everyone goes through hard times. And even Lehi complained. You are very loved and I look forward to reading your blog to know the latest with your family -- the ups and downs. And I wish I was throwing a party so I could commission you to create invitations for me!

Jill said...

Thanks for this great post. I'm glad that your week went well! I think that we all need a venting session once in a while, but it's always important to be grateful for the wonderful things we have in life. Anyway, thanks for being such a good friend. I appreciate your kindness and friendship so much!

Heather Lee said...

girl, you make me laugh and that's why I love you...I wanted you to know that I DID comment on your last post, but my computer was being weird and wouldn't post it...but it went something like this "After reading an anonymous satirical blog that pokes fun of blissful blogging (only posting the happy things), I was left feeling a bit annoyed. I will admit that I self-consciously read over my blogging history wondering if I was one of the victims being satirized all over the web. However, I came to the conclusion that no one is going to post their dirty laundry for all of their ex-boyfriend's new wives to read."
ANYWAY, in light of this post...you probably don't need to hear that...but those are my thoughts on the subject.

Heather Lee said...

(not that you've hung your dirty laundry out there and are buck naked on the WWW...I love your blog because it's YOU)

Tim and Jennifer said...

Lyssa! So glad things are better. I usually post one of those posts when it's that time of the month. haha! I'm just a girl who is an emotional writer as well. Anyway, just also wanted to tell you how dang skinny you are getting! I noticed on Sunday and forgot to tell you. Good work! I hope I can get a membership soon!!

Pin It button on image hover