We're all just pooped

 

Emma saying, Cheese!

We're all just pooped...literally.
This afternoon, I took a nap while Emma slept. I guess I was just so tired that I didn't hear her wake up. I don't know where Joe was at and if he even heard her either. But whatever the case, I eventually did wake up and turned on the video monitor that we have set up in her room. To me, she was quietly sitting in the corner of bed, talking to her animals. I ask Joe to go get her...since he was closer :) I watch as he comes into the room and just stands next to her bed, looking at her. I didn't quite hear what he said to her but all of the sudden, he grabs her arms, making sure he doesn't touch her and quickly runs into the bathroom. Ok that's not a usual thing for either one of them to do. Emma usually jumps out of bed herself and runs out of the room or Joe picks her up and puts her on his hip or something. So I get up and ask Joe what was going on. He's got Emma sitting next to the sink, washing her off. Then he says, "She took off her diaper and was playing with her poop!" What the heck? I started laughing, "what?" I walk into Emma's room and a whiff of poo hits me. It was the sickest smell ever! I look at where she was sitting,..poop everywhere!! There was poop smeared on her bed and sheets, wall, window sill, stuffed animals, blankets...everything she sleeps with! Along with the smears were pebble poops. And later, as I was clearing out poop products, I found a huge ball of poop hidden under her blanket...LOL just me typing this is making me laugh really hard. And I hate to be descriptive but it has a better effect on the story. You just gotta love kids right? So Joe got all the poop residue off her and put her into the tub and she got a bath. Her room got a bath as well. We cleared out everything and deep cleaned the whole premises. As you can see from above, Emma is quite proud of her work. That was taken after everything was cleaned. I wasn't going to take pictures of the actual poop scene...I didn't htink anyone of you would appreciate the grossness of it all. But I had to share that story since it was her first exploritve voyage into the unknown...the diaper! Sadly, I might regret this later but my mom informed me that I did the exact same thing when I was her age...I even was curious enough to eat it...:( gross I know. Luckily Emma didn't go that far. But it just means that Emma is getting older! It's so weird!

Here are some pictures of Emma and her baby. We're getting her ready for her sister...whenever she decides to come.
 

Emma giving her a hug

 

Emma giving her a kiss

 

Emma giving her another hug but looks like she's breastfeeding or something...


Emma pointing out her facial features to me.

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

Ok, so that is a way funny story. My sister has told me a dozen "poop" stories about her one and only Luke or "luke-y-pie" as they call him. What a mess!!! I can't believe you didn't go into labor just smelling that horrid smell. That is so gross. What a way to wake up from your nap. I'm bummed your baby Kate hasn't come out yet. It does look like Emmas is getting ready for the little one to arrive though. LOVE the breastfeeding picture. So funny how kids are so observant in their own little way.

Cairen said...

Oh Lyssa that makes me laugh so hard! That must have been a fun experience! Someone told me when Meika was really little to keep a onsie on her until she is potty trained or they will play in their diaper... So luckily I have not had a poop experience like that!
I am sorry that you are still waiting for baby Kate to come out.... Hope she come soon!

Jamie Smith said...

It must have been a Friday the 13th thing, because I had a similiar experience. Not as bad though. I was taking a shower when I heard Eric cry, so I jumped out to see what was the matter and to my complete horror the carpet, Eric and my Bra was covered with poo! Gross! I put him in the bath with all his clothes on.

maggie said...

Okay, that is one of the funniest things I have ever heard! Not fun for you........but very funny! I went running today and ran past your street and saw your families hand prints in the sidewalk! I got to thinking of all the fun bonfires in your backyard and of course all our adventures in the creek behind your house! :)

natalie said...

ew gross! (about the poop, the baby pics were cute). Don't worry. I've had friends tell me similar stories. It's hard I guess because you don't want them to think poop is gross or it can make potty training hard (I hear).

Kristen said...

Hey, I found you on Melissa Wood's blog. I didn't know you were friends! I can't believe you are over due...that is the worst. I hope Kate comes soon! By the way I read the story about Emma and the poo. Lily has done the same thing...several times. Ack! So gross. I feel for you. :)

Jill said...

That is so funny and so gross! I guess Quin and I have lots of fun things to look forward to when we become parents, which will hopefully be in the next few years.

Pin It button on image hover