Chocolate and Hearts

Well it's been a crazy past couple of days! I've been so busy. So let me tell you why. My calling in the church is Visiting Teaching Coordinator. For those who don't know what that is, I basically work with the RS president in putting sisters together into companionships for visiting teaching. I have to collect numbers every month. Some of you know how far I go in trying to get sisters to do their visiting teaching. I've done bribes galore! But anyways, that's besides the point. Another responsibility that I have is Visiting teaching interviews. The presidency must meet with the visiting teachers to see how things are going. So in order to get a good number of sisters to sign up for interviews, we bring out the chocolate! This meaning, we had a huge Chocolate Party on Wednesday night. I was put in charge of throwing it together and i've been planning this for a couple of months now. I first just want to thank Julie Bezzant for her help in sending me all the information on the party. A year 1/2 ago, we had our first Chocolate party, hosted by Julie and it went great. So I pretty much just took the same idea and did it again. So here are some pictures from the Chocolate Party.
Here are a few of the chocolate eaters:

L to R Nicole, Kallie, Ashley, Stephanie, Me and Jill

We had some great desserts that people brought. Linsay Jarvis made that amazing chocolate cake! It was so yummy!

And we had a Chocolate fountain!! We had strawberries and marshmellows to dip..yummy!
One side was the dark side, where you guess the percentage of cacao that each piece has. There was a 65, 70 & 80 %...and you haven't had dark chocolate until you've tasted 80%!!
The other side was the milk side. I had 5 different milk chocolates from around the world that sisters had to guess which chocolate was from which country. There was a key for them to help them. Swiss is the best!!
So yesterday, I was recouperating from the day before since it was pretty crazy, setting things up and everything. Joe got home early from school, like 11 am so we were able to spend time with him all day! When he got home from school, he brought home this:


We also drove up to JC Penney's and picked up the pictures that had been taken a few weeks back of Kate and Emma. They are SOO freakin' cute. Here are my gems:

Chubbs McKate is So Chubbilicious!!




For our Valentines day dinner, for tradition, we had our Heart-shaped pizza. But this year, we made it ourselves. We made our FAVORITE pizza in the world! Green Mountain Pizza ( Thank you Jaime! I will never forget this pizza!) So I formed the dough in a heart :) It was actually pretty cool cause Joe and I made it together which most of the time, making something in the kitchen together can be hard and in the way, but it was actually a pleasant experience! So it was a delicious meal!


And I had to throw this picture in since I thought it was pretty funny. We have a file Folder game that has yummy and yucky things. Obviously cigarettes are yucky but Joe thought it was pretty funny to do this with Kate. Kate just sat there with it in her mouth so I took a picture.

We are trying to help her quit, don't worry.


So ya, i've been busy but now everything is back to normal. Now I just need to return to Operation Share Room!

13 comments:

Jenni said...

I checked my e-mail too late and totally missed the chocolate party. It looks like you had a great time though. I love the valentine pictures of your girls...so cute! And that pizza looks DELICIOUS! how can I get my hands on that recipe??

Lindsey Whiting said...

The pix of your girls are soo stinkin' cute!

Ann-Marie said...

I'm so glad the chocolate party was a sucess! Hugh got his shots and was miserable, so I didn't come. It all looks delicious! :)

The Stark's said...

Your girls are sooo adorable! Those pictures turned out so sweet of them.

The Blaisdell Family said...

Absolutely cute pictures like always!! Kate is very chubby! She needs to be a Sumo Wrestler for Halloween:) Just kidding, she's such a dang cute little baby, even if she is a smoker!

Good job on the chocolate party. I bet you put so much time into that!!!

"Cute" pizza too! That is by far my favorite pizza. Everyone needs to make that! Is it on the recipe blog?? I'll have to add it if it isn't! Was that the meal we made the first time we hung out? So many memories together:)

The Blaisdell Family said...

P.S. Two great minds think alike....I was "this close" to buying that same dress for Avery by the way!! VERY cute dress. I could buy dresses all the time. I love them for little girls, but I think Avery would freeze to death right now! Once a week for church is enough for her!

Elizabeth J. said...

Lyssa you lucky girl you - those girls are so cute!

I love the chocolate party idea. I am thinking that might be a good thing to try in my ward. Do you tell them that they're having VT interviews or just that it's a choclate party? I think a little deception might be necessary in my ward...

I love Kate's rolls! So cute! Have I mentioned that Megan weighs barely over 18 lbs and she's almost 20 months old?? She is soooo small...or as I like to say...dainty!

Tyler and Erin said...

You really have been busy! What a great idea...chocolate party! I'll have to remember that if I ever get put into a calling like that. And the pics of the girls are adorable. I seriously love those dimples!!!!

Chrissy said...

Your girls are just soooo cute! I love the pics. I'm so sad that I missed the chocolate party- Marc has class on Wed nights now. I think I would have gained 10 pounds in one night. Looks like you did a great job putting it all together!

katie t said...

u have been tagged so go to my blog

katie t said...

i do too comment!!!!!!! :(

Jami Black said...

The chocolate night was so fun-thanks for inviting me! You did an amazing job! I love the pizza-and the way it tastes-I need to get the recipe from you! And the pictures are SO cute! Your girls are so beautiful. I love the contrast-cute petite Emma and adorable chunky Kate! Beautiful just like their MOM!

Jamie Smith said...

You are such a good visiting teacher coordinator! I was wondering if my old companion - Lynda Paskovich had been reassigned? SHe absolutely loved visiting teaching and I had so much fun with her, so I was just making sure she was still doing ok.

The pictures of your girls are so adorable! I'm so glad you are helping Kate quit. That really is a bad habit! Y'all are too funny!

Pin It button on image hover