Update on life

Well it seems like forever since posting. Well, on this blog at least. I've just been busy making stuff on my other blog. But life still goes on!

Operation Share Room is completed and a success! Friday night, after weeks of consistancy on Kate's part to sleep soundly all night, I decided to just do it, jump right in and stick them in one room. I also figured it being a weekend, I might get some help from Joe. So I did it. I was freakin' out and nervous! We put Kate in at 7. We then put Emma down at 8. Of course, Kate woke up after trying to whisper Emma's nighttime ritual, which includes like all the nursery songs you can imagine. Kate was crying hysterically because, like our whole family, if you get woken up too early, you are really mad. So then Emma was all curious, wanting to go over there. She wouldn't stay in her bed. So it was a back and forth sort of thing for like 5 minutes. I just decided, well I could do this all night or just leave and see what happens. So I did. Emma kept going over to the crib, trying to take Kate's blankets. That just upset her even more. Joe then interfered. I think Emma listens to Joe...Emma went in her bed...He picked up Kate and calmed her down a bit. He then put her back down. She, of course, was still crying but it was a very tired cry. So he left. The next 10 minutes were hard but once Kate calmed down, there was silence...Emma was in bed. Kate was in bed. They were both asleep. :) Every night since then, we just put them to bed at teh same time. Emma has quickly adapted to Kate's noises and falls asleep immediately. Kate babbles a bit but then falls asleep. In the mornings, it's great. Either Kate wakes up first and Emma is still asleep. Or they wake up together and entertain eachother. I am so glad that it was so easy! Honestly, these girls are the best.! So now I have my room back! I've been crazily creating pages now and I love it :)

And to not leave you with out pictures, here are some from Sunday. We went to the elementary park across the street for a bit.
So happy!!


Kate does awesome with balancing. Joe has done this since she was like 3-4 months!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Jed and Rachel said...

Congrats on getting them in the same room. And, I love your new background!

The Blaisdell Family said...

Congrats again on the bedtime stuff. You will love it!!

Craig does the "balance" thing with our kids when they are way young too (3 months like you said) and my dad HATES it. He thinks it's too risky. The kids love it though!!

Was Emma's hair as dark as Kate's at this age? Her hair looks SO dark.

Tyler and Erin said...

Congrats on operation share room! I'm sure I'll be there one day and asking for all your wonderful advice. You saved me by getting my baby to sleep on her own and I'm sure you will save me later on... :-) Thanks! And I can't believe the balance! You will have to get her in gymnastics or something.

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Way to go Lyssa!!! Way to go Kate and Emma!!! You guys survived and seem to be doing so well with operation share room.

annie and jared said...

so so so cute, look at you guys in your warm summer clothes- i am so jealous! i like the new look on the blog by the way!

katie t said...

She is so cute and congrats on the operation being a success!

Jamie Smith said...

Congratulations on getting them to both sleep in the same room. That is a big step and I'm surprised they did so well being so young. I love all the pictures you took, especially the black and white ones with color. I need to play with my camera more and figure out how to do that!

Well, have fun this weekend at the girls outing! I'm so jelous, I want to come!

Your Own Personal Jenny said...

I'm glad they are adapting to shared room life- hey we always did just fine! MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO is there a cow in our room? You know of what I speak.

Hillery said...

Job well done? Don't you hate it when you can try to do something all day and your husband does it on the first try? Andy can always get Sadie to sleep so easily! Not fair!

The Shirleys said...

Yea!!!!!!! I am glad it went so well getting them in the same room.

I love the pictures of Joe holding Kate with one hand. That is so cute!

Pin It button on image hover