the end...

Not the end of this blog.  Yes, i'm aware of the lack of participants this blog is experiencing right now.  I haven't given lots of effort into it since the blog shop opened.  But as months go by, I get more anxious and panic attacks about the shop.  I don't know if I can handle juggling that and family life.  I hate having to neglect children or housework to sew something together.  Before, I was up for the challenge of making and selling nursing covers but honestly, the thought gives me even more butterflies!  I just have to be honest with myself.  I can not juggle things I'd like to make and being a mom and homemaker.  I've tried it and looking back, I was in constant stress and worry all the time.  I have realized that I like to make and create things not under a time contraint.  I like to make things when I like to make them.  So I think i'm out....okay, let me re-phrase that.  I am out!
I have tons of things that I need to work on and do at home and with my girls.  And personally, I feel that that is much more important than making a few bucks on the side, right?  I honestly feel so much better about this decision.  But this is just me.  Honestly, more power to those who can do it all.  But I'm just not one of them.  So hopefully with that said, i'll have many new things on this...but let's not hold our breath anytime soon :)

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I know exactly how you feel. There are so many things I want to do, but I just can't do it all while juggling the demands of being a mom! And that is our most important thing to do rightnow! I have to keep telling myself that--there will be time for so many more things later on. Our kids won't be little forever.

Tyler and Erin said...

I think you are doing the right thing. I can't wait to see more new things.

Anonymous said...

sometimes, when art-for-pleasure becomes art-for-commerce, you just sort of lose something in the making of it... plus, when you add the competition for your time from your family, the whole endeavor becomes just not worth it. don't give up your art entirely: do it to fill your soul, not your pocketbook (ie: do what you want to do, when you want to do it, not what someone placed an order for...). Good luck finding a balnace, and if not today then tomorrow.

Pin It button on image hover