Grandpa came to visit..2 months ago..


Back in the beginning of May, my Dad came in town.  He luckily works with a company that has conventions here in San Antonio a couple times a year.  So we were really excited to see him again.  Both girls have grown so much since he had last seen them so I knew my dad was really excited to see them too!
At the same time, my camera broke mid-visit so I finally got pictures from my Dad on that experience that there are some fun ones!


We went to the Children's Museum and Emma had a great time.  There was a Dentist's office.  She grabbed the huge toothbrush and started brushing...made Joe proud :)
Inside the cockpit
Emma loved the water/bubble room.  If we let her, she could have stayed in there the whole time..ehh no...
Her dreams becoming a reality...
Serving us some lunch

She liked these little connectors too
Here's my Dad helping her out.
Cute girls in the double stroller
We went to the Wildlife Ranch near San Antonio.  It was had it's exciting moments...not the 25 million kinds of deer and antelope that they had but the ostrich car attack!   It came up from the side.  My Dad was sitting there, ready to take a picture and the thing came a bit too fast.  Luckily, my dad started rolling up the windows in time because the thing started pecking the window!  It was scary/hilarious...anyways, we saw this mutated Rhino there...notice the horn...it must be heavy or something..



And then there were goats
Family pic at the local Ranch 

Giraffes are pretty cool
Kate, Kate Kate...so cute cute cute

Here's a pre-church shot...way too early huh?
yeah!  a new post finally!

16 comments:

annie and jared said...

how fun, i get excited for olive to be old enough to enjoy things like that, how fun. i love that you have a twilight countdown, yeah i am pretty excited myself, it is sort of embarassing how much i like those books! ha ha. what a nerd i am, i am in love with edward. kate is so so so so so so cute, i just love her big brown eyes and emma is gorgeous as always.

The Blaisdell Family said...

First...cute new header!!! What program have you been using??

Second...fun trip with grandpa. The ostrich story cracked me up!! I would have been scared and laughing too. I bet your dad had so much fun with the kiddos!

That rhino is psycho!

I wish they had a children's museum like that around here. Kids love stuff like that!! I guess we could always go to the cool tree house museum in UT, but that's a drive for one day:)

katie t said...

LOVE the new header! I think that I would die die die if my camera did not work! It may be unhealthy and psychotic but my camera is at my side always :)

Dad just raved about how gorgeous your girls were so GOOD JOB!

lisset said...

your girls are SO cute. they definitely hit the jackpot with their mama's good looks. lucky little girls!

Jazmin said...

CUTE header!!! im so glad you posted something! love the new pictures! and your kiddos are adorable!

Jami Black said...

I totally need to recruit you to help me give our blog a face lift-you are so creative! Love the new pics of your adorable girls-you need to bring them over soon! Do you recommend the safari place? Looks cool and I have been wondering if we should make it a trip!

Woods said...

I love all the cute pictures! It looks like you had fun. It's the best when the grandparents come to visit. Your girls are adorable. Oh, and I like your new header. Way cute!

McArthur Family said...

How fun! I wish we had something like that where we live! Your daughters are so beautiful! I love the pictures!

Love-amber

Tyler and Erin said...

its about time! Your girls are as cute as ever. That museum looks so fun.

Hillery said...

How cute is your new blog?! I loved Emma in the doghouse! Sadie would go nuts too.

katie t said...

HEEEELLLLLOOOOO!!! Please call me!!!

Shanda said...

How fun at the Childrens Museum! Looks like you all had a blast. Hope you guys had a fun 4th of July! I can't believe its already time for the hubbys to go back to school. I've loved having an extra help at home :) Tell Joe good luck this year! Yeah for 4th year!

Meikel said...

Hi Lyssa,
I love that I have found your blog! I hope that all is well, you have an absolutely beautiful family!

Jed and Rachel said...

I know what you mean about blogging. Seems like I never have time to be on the computer. Looks like you had a good time, I love Children's Museums. Hey, I also love your new header pic, too cute!

Meikel said...

So heres how I found ya. Elisabeth googled me and found my blog and commented. So then I went to her blog and was delighted to find you in her friends list! Love that you have some Travis on your playlist!

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

How FUN!!!! What great outings with your kids! It looks like such a fun children's museum. Who knew there would be giraffes at a Ranch?! When does school stat back up for Joe? I'm sure it will be hard to have him go back. However, since it is his fourth year...there is light at the end of the tunnel! Wahoo!

Pin It button on image hover