waiting...

Over the weekend, my lovely son, who will be 1 at the end of this month, grabbed my laptop power cord for the last time..
.and when I say that, I mean it...  
He grabbed it and broke off the tip!

So needless to say, I am using my husband's computer, the computer that doesn't have pictures that I want to post.  So while I am waiting for my new power cord (and I am praying I didn't buy a crap crap crap cheap cord!!!) I have lots of time on my hands...sort of ;)

My family is in limbo as far as work is concerned.  My husband is a dentist and looking for a new place to practice.  But we are waiting for the banks, blah blah blah, I know this is something you don't want to hear or care about!
But if we move, there's a possibility we will be BUYING A HOME.  
"Didst my ears deceive me?"

Yes, very excited over here!

So of course, my mind starts decorating my house.
I am trying to find my style right now.  There are so many things I like.  It's hard!
I like cottage, vintage, modern, bright colors, clean lines..etc etc.
The list goes on and on....

As I have been researching items of interest, I have come across some stuff that I am loving these days.

I am loving drop leaf tables, like these: 



I also LOVE white kitchens, bead board, hutches, etc etc.

What I would love is find beautiful pieces of furniture at garage sales or antique stores and redoing them.  Oh the possibilities!

So hopefully I can get this mind of mine organized so when the time comes, it'll be a smooth transition.

What are some things you love that you want in your home?

1 comment:

steph, brent, and joaquin said...

I have the same problem deciding on how to decorate. I can't figure out my style. But after watching the latest HGTV Design Star's show, Secrets from a Stylist, I realized I don't necessarily have to choose, if I can blend different styles together. Also, I found this very cool quiz that helps you figure out what you like. I appreciate that it uses pictures instead of words. Good luck! http://www.sproost.com/

Pin It button on image hover