Day 13: Thankful for Menu Planning

A few years ago, I was at my wits end.  I just had Luke, the girls were still at home, we were in Las Vegas doing the 1-year residency for Joe's GPR.

Life = CHAOS

I finally sat myself down and planned dinner for the week.  I started small to not overwhelm myself.
Source
Looking back, I don't know why it took me so long to meal plan.  It is so nice to have things organized and set each day, so at around 3 pm, I am not frantically running around the kitchen, trying to figure out a meal for that night.  It has helped me out immensely.  Plus, we have save money with going to the store less and only buying things on my list, instead of a free-for-all at the grocery store.

If you haven't jumped on the meal-planning caboose, do it now!

And I do my meal planning on Sunday evenings.  It calms me down.  It allows me to feel productive and organized when the rest of my life isn't.

So here's how my week looks:

Monday: Taco Salad (romaine lettuce, avocado, egg, tomato, veggies, in a flour tortilla)

Tuesday: Spinach Lasagna

Wednesday: Creamy Baked Chickpea Casserole

Thursday: LOs

Friday: BBQ (Church Activity)

Saturday: Penne With Califlower & Capers

Sunday: LOs

Ideally, I will post this each week but no promises :)  And if you have noticed, this week's menu is meat-free.  Well we have jumped on the Vegetarian wagon.  It's been a month now and I am really liking the side effects.  I truly feel better these days.  :) :)  That's just my personal opinion.


No comments:

Pin It button on image hover