People under the weather flock together

Well the past couple of days have been hard. Sunday, Emma got a runny nose and we're not sure where she got it. But come Monday, everyone one else is having congestions and itchy throats. Poor Kate has really bad congestion and has trouble breathing, especially at night. So we've been hermits in the house, trying to get well. I'm feeling much better today than before so hopefully i'm on the mend. Luckily Joe didn't get hit too bad so he can focus on school. So that's pretty much it for us. Just the usual things happen to us I guess. Emma has cut out her nap it seems so she has "quiet time" in her room for 2 hours. 2 days ago, I heard some commotion...which is common, coming from her room and I opened the door to find this:

We have given her access to her toys since she gets so bored that she climbs up on the changing table and even have tried the dresser. This particular day, she still wanted to climb onto the dresser. See that third drawer open? When I walked in, she was half way in that. Luckily I came in when I did or else that could have been fatal! So her room gets pretty bad after quiet times...oh well. What can I do? I really don't care just as long as she's out of my hair for 2 hours so I can relax or lay down. I've got the 2 kids on a good schedule. Kate and Emma "nap" at the same time so that's given me an hour to rest or do whatever...like bloggin right now! But anyways, Here are some pictures of the kids :)






8 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

I'm so jealous both of your kids have dimples. So cute!! I'm glad Emma didn't have the dresser topple on her! That's scary. I'm like you though, as long as I get my break, I'll just clean up the mess later. Breaks are very important to me during the day!! Sounds like you are starting to get the hang of two kids. It's so crazy but as they get older(together) you will be so much more in love with the two of them than you ever thought possible!! I'm so grateful to have more than one kid. It's so hard and SO much fun at the same time!

Cairen said...

I love the messy room! I am so familiar with the weird noises and then walking in to find every toy and every article of clothing on the ground. Kate is looking so much older!

katie t said...

I love the pics of Kate, and of Emma of course! The dresser story reminds me of when JC did that. You were too yound to remember that but that is why I have short dressers for K and plastic bin drawers for C! I love it though because I am amazed at the things that my kids can come up with!!!

katie t said...

...oh yeah...and that your daughter is the spawn of satan just like mine!! I am sooo totally kidding and laughing right now and can not believe that I just wrote that!!! :)

The Kerr Family said...

Emma's quiet time resembles Miles' quiet time. Let chaos rule and enjoy the peace for a couple of hours.

Kristen said...

This is exactly what Lily did, from the emptying the drawers to climbing them. What I did was took all her toys out of her room and put her dresser in the closet and now she only has a bed in there. She doesn't stay up as late into the night as she used to either because I took out her light bulbs. That may sound mean, but her room is for sleeping and I make her do it. Ha! Emma will get back to naps...lily did the same thing when Gunnar was born but now she sleeps again. Especially if there are no distractions.

Jamie Smith said...

I think blogging is almost therapeutic in a way, because instead of going crazy and having a meltdown when you walk into a room that looks like a tornado hit it, you kind of laugh, take a picture, and just go post it instead. Anwyays, your kids are adorable! I feel like I haven't seen Kate in forever! She is getting cuter everyday!

Jami Black said...

Craziness! I am so glad ya'll are feeling better. Your girls are so adorable and I love the pictures. Kate is such an adorable chunk!

Pin It button on image hover