I'm famous!

Well I just wanted to say that I'm now a professional author.
My cousin, Amy, who works for a publisher, wrote to me back at the beginning of the year, asking if i'd want to contribute a simple essay for a book they were putting together. I got to choose the subject and even got paid if they chose my essay. So I did a 2-3 page essay on Family Togetherness. Anways, long story short, they chose my essay and its apart of a book called: "50 Things that Really Matter to Latter-day Saints." It's now selling at Deseret Book. So if any of you are interested in an autographed copy or a book signing, give me a call ;);)
But when the editor wrote me about it a few days ago, I was really excited! She's sending me a copy of the book and i'm really excited to read it all. She said it got really good reviews and doing well.
"Reminding us that the small and simple things are truly the spice of life, 50 Things that Really Matter to Latter-day Saints contains 50 essays from Latter-day Saints about things that help them see God in their life. From priesthood blessings to sunsets, the topics in these essays are sure to inspire and uplift." -Deseret Book review

8 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

SIGN ME UP!! (as long as I get an autographed copy!!) I will pay for shipping, just let me know! That is WAY exciting. Good Job Lyssa! I can't wait to read it and see your name in it! Tear, Tear, I have a famous friend:)

The Kerr Family said...

That's really exciting. Well done Lyssa.

Cairen said...

oh you changed your blog!Its so cute! how did you do yours?

Jazmin said...

how awesome!!!
I too want a copy, I have a goal of reading 30 books this year.-Just because reading is not that fun to me, but I'm trying to be a good example to the kiddos! Anyway, i mostly want to read LDS books so this is PERFECT!!

natalie said...

Congrats! That is so exciting! See? Being an English major paid off.

Can you tell I'm offended that you want to leave the english major club? jk.

Jamie Smith said...

That is really cool Lyssa! We should start the book club again just so we can read your book and tell you what an amazing person you are!

Bobbi said...

What's your mailing address? I'm ordering a book online and having it sent to you so I can pick it up, signed, when we come to Texas for Thanksgiving! That is seriously awesome, Lyssa! Congrats!!!

Christine said...

Too cool, I will have to get one. And I definitely want your autograph!

Pin It button on image hover