Some Form of Motivation

Well, it's that time of my life again....Post baby time. And with that comes the "get rid of that baby fat" phase. So how will I do it? Well i'm not going to eat crap like I tend to, like eat ice cream for desert every night. As tempting as it is, I have decided to disipline myself to not even go there. And second, work out as much as I can. My method? Core Secrets!!
This is what saved me back with Emma. When I got pregnant with Emma, I wasn't really in shape at all. Then during the pregnancy, i gained 45 lbs!! So afterwards, I ended up being 15 lbs heavier than when I started. So I was determined to lose the weight and get into shape. So then began the Core Secrets workouts. I think I was blessed with extra "umph" to work out every day that I could. I started January 06 at 140 lbs and by Sept. 06, I was down to 117!! Talk about losing weight. I was so proud of myself!! I really enjoyed working out, doing Core Secrets and I hope to do that again! Here's what it's all about:
As you can see by the chart, you work out with an exercise ball and hand weights. You work on 4 different areas throughout the workout, alternating them so it gives a nice balance.
When I got pregnant with Kate, I weighed less than when I began with Emma but the end result was the same. I am at 140 again. It probably didnt' help that Emma was 5 days early and Kate was a week late!
So I started working out Sept. 21, 2007 and hopefully sooner than later, there will be some progress. So i guess that's why i'm posting this on my blog, to kind of give me an extra push to losing the weight. But I highly recomment Core Secrets to anyone who is looking to lose weight. It's a great product and deal. Check out their website!!: www.coresecrets.com

12 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

Um, I PROMISE I will NEVER post my pre-exercise/diet weight.

And tried the core before, I fell on my face so many times trying to balance on that darn ball! But I'm sure it works because I saw you shrink before my eyes last year!!

Good Luck you skinny twig!

Lyssa said...

I seriously couldn't walk after the first time doing it. My freakin' butt and hamstrings killed!

Jamie Smith said...

So is it a video you watch? I have a ball and I love it, I just never use it. And I know it works, because you looked amazing! This will be fun watching you become a skinny twig again!

Christine said...

I am with ya girl! I have only missed one day since I started a week and half ago. Haven't lost anything yet, but trying to eat better to help the weight come off. Good luck, and if you wanna try any of the extra vids I have let me know, I am not using them as of yet.

The Kerr Family said...

Okay, so I remember you and Christine telling me about this last fall and I went online and ordered it--and never used it, big surprise. Now, it is packed away some where, but you've reminded and inspired me to pull it out and get my butt in gear.
Good luck. You'll do great!

Cairen said...

GO LYSSA! That is seriously awesome, that you lost all that weight so fast with Emma. I remember talking to you about it when you were doing it. I got the core secrets for christmas and did it for like a month... I loved it I could tell after a few times that I was getting more toned. Anyways I love it! You should supply a before and after picture!

Lyssa said...

Ya i'll take a picture in my "bik;ini" now and then later..:P....yikes that's scary...i'm not going to post it though!

katie t said...

K so I am trying to lose the bla bla in my face and my arms sooooo
do you think that this would work for me not being able to do the "lower body" :) stuff??

natalie said...

117???! That is tiny.
I love the ball workouts. Hadn't heard of core secrets so I will definitely check it out. Thanks for the recommendation. I am back to my pre prego weight. wahoo!
Now I need muscles.

Jazmin said...

Ok, I have to try this. I also need to copy posting my progress on the blog too, because I need all the motivation I can get. I want to lose 10 lbs and tone my abs. And for that I need to stop eating junk and get to workout everyday. After I lose the weight I will reward myself with a new dress from DEBasics, they just got new ones! And I will defenetly try the CORE workout thing, thanks for the info Lyssa!

katie t said...

you are hilarious!

Kristen said...

Lyssa, you look so great...don't get so stressed about. It will come off I am sure but you shouldn't worry about anything because you're gorgeous!

Pin It button on image hover