Pumpkin Carvin'

Jed and Rachel Bassett invited us over Saturday night to carve pumpkins! I was so excited to go because I love doing stuff like that! I haven't carved pumpkins for years and now having a family, I just really excited to make it a family tradition now. As it turned out, Joe ended up doing all the work while I watched the kids but it was still fun!
Here's everyone getting started on emptying out the pumpkins..Jamie is really excited about it :)

Joe hard at work with our family pumpkin

Emma is trying to carve something...yes she has a sharp object!

Emma again just trying to do something adultish

Emma's next attempt was rinsing off the pumpkins..what a great helper!
We moved inside since it got dark and did the face shapes inside
Krista, Joe and Jed at the begining process of carving..Rachel is hard at work too...;);)
Here's our Spidey pumpkin. Joe did such a good job!
owww scary!
Here's all the pumpkins L to R:
Dials, Smith's, Zimmerman's, Bassetts, Ray's and Blacks.
..if you look at Jami Black's pumpkin, you will notice it is a vampire...which she freaked out when she saw it since she is obsessed with Twilight and vampires so it was really funny. She was awared the "Most obsessed with a book so she carved her pumpkin like it" prize!
Here's the gang who all were there. It was so much fun! Thanks Bassett's for inviting us! We had a blast! Hope all goes well in the upcoming weeks!!

4 comments:

katie t said...

How fun is that! You are so lucky to have couple friends who do that! Since I do not have a husband, I do not get invited to those "ward" things! How lame and gay, huh! Tell Jamie that I am on board now with Twilight and I am obsessed too! The obsession first came with Angel but ------ :)

Jami Black said...

It was a lot of fun-especially dreaming of Edward while I carved away! I can't wait for you to finish.

Jamie Smith said...

I loved how you added Jami's prize she won! She definitely earned it, thats for sure! We need to start reading these books Lyssa! We are missing out! Anyways, cute photos! I love the one of Emma with her sharp object!

The Blaisdell Family said...

We got invited to go to a friends house to carve pumpkins but we backed out. We had 7 pumpkins which seemed too much to cart over to someone's house. Plus, it would have ended up exactly as you explained it...Craig carving and me watching the kids. It looks like you all had a lot of fun though.

Pin It button on image hover