Trunk or Treaties


THis year, I was really excited since I have two little girls to work with. So in my excitement, I made the girls tutu's so they'd be matching ballerina's. I was surprised how easy and fast it was to make them!
***Disclaimer***
A few of you have mentioned that I did a good job sewing them together...um no, I can not sew worth beans!! These were "N0-sew tutus!! I got the coolest "Tutu Tutorial" from the blog, "Mama's Doodles" which is located on the side. It's a great blog and really fun, cute ideas that this mom has done. Check it out!
********
So i've got a bunch of pictures from our ward's Trunk or Treat and then of Emma going off with Joe trick or treating on Hallows Eve.


Emma ate a bit too much candy last night at the trunk or treat. Here's just a preview of what she was doing the whole night..i'm serious, the WHOLE night: oh and yes, it's a tad dark but you get the idea :)




And here are some pics of our Halloween fun extravaganza!
I took this picture during the day, trying to get Kate to pose and these are the best I got..I think she was a little tired



These are pictures from our Trunk or Treat. Emma will not hold still for anything! And luckily she kept on her tutu. At first she didn't want to wear it but Joe and I persisted and stuck it on her!


This is what Emma did the whole night while in the gym...eat cookies and suckers...oh and run around of course :)

Kate, Me, Jamie, Eric, Jazmin and Olivia!


See whta I mean about the suckers? See that pile on the table of unwrapped suckers? That would be Emma's doing. She'd unwrap one, lick it and grab another one!


Here's our annual Halloween photo....

THis is during the trunking part. Emma had suckers in both hand the whole time!


This is right before leaving to go Trick or Treating with Daddy. And of course, the bloody dog has to come!
Such a cute lil' ballerina!

I love this picture! It's so cute of them, off and ready to go trick or treating!

Happy Belated Halloween! Hope everyone was safe and had fun! Sadly we didn't have any trick or treaters at our place..but that's typical for apartment dwellers.

11 comments:

The Kerr Family said...

Two adorable ballerinas. You did a great job on the costumes. I'm so impressed with everyone's sewing abilities. I was absent when that talent was handed out.

katie t said...

Soooo cute and you are such a perfect family. You are so lucky to have such a good hubby like Joe...and you are the good wifey too! :) Good Job on the sewing...and good job on the posting!

Cairen said...

oh they are so cute! I love the fluffy ballerina skirts and the leggings or stretch pants underneath. So Cute! I am glad you had a good Halloween!

Jill said...

I love the tutus! Emma and Kate are the cutest ballerinas ever!

The Blaisdell Family said...

Those are some cute tutus Lyssa. I was so tempted to use Avery's last night but decided to do the princess thing. Whick still turned our really cute too.

Emma is a funny little thing. Her and Ryan would have been sticky buddies all night. Ryan has something for suckers too and I hate it!

maggie said...

sooo cute!

The Shirleys said...

Lyssa their tutus turned out soo cute!! I had to hide Bradley's candy so we wouldn't have a repeat of the night of our Ward party.

Joe looks good with cute little ballerinas. Maybe it is all that pink!

natalie said...

What a fun idea to have them matching. Your kids are too cute. Isn't halloween a blast with kids?

Jamie Smith said...

Emma and Kate were absolutely adorable! It was fun seeing Joe and Emma last night trick-or-treating at the Ray's and Konkle's. She was cute then too!

Jami Black said...

You did an awesome job on the tu-tu's. I am so impressed by how crafty you are! Your girls are so beautiful and I am loving watching Kate get bigger and bigger-she is so adorable and so happy! I blame you for feeling baby hungry.

Stacy said...

:) Glad you were able to get those tutus done in time... Well done!! The girls were adorable!!

Pin It button on image hover