The Inevitable...

The day i've been dreading happened 2 days ago. We had finished eating dinner. I had sat back to relax and read some Eclipse...only the 2nd time through...and the girls were upstairs playing with their toys. Joe was sitting next to me, watching utube...dental procedures...life was bliss....

Then Emma came down stairs, with that look..you know the look.

The look they have when they've done something they shouldn't have.

On top of the look, she looked different. I grab her face to inspect more closing and yep, she did it...

She had cut her hair. She cut herself some bangs.


Honestly, my first thought was, THANK GOODNESS she didn't cut her hair all weird. My second thought was, wow, she did a good job!
And third thought...Oh her beautiful hair is gone...sadness all around.

This is what was left at the scene of the crime. She had gotten into our bathroom, found Joe's small hair-cutting scissors and did the job.


Sigh...I had plans for her hair...
As funny as that sounds, it's true. I had the same beautiful long, wavy hair and then my mom cut it...herself...before 1st grade...she cut it SHORT with BANGS....i was traumatized! And mom, love you but it was definitely lop-sided too.

So I wasn't going to do that to my child! The irony? She did it to herself!
And now she looked like she had a rockstar mullet...

So today I tried to fix it..I was a little nervous with zero experience in hair-cutting....I did my best.

It looks good with her hair in a ponytail....
Can you tell i'm bitter? lol

Just a bit.

I still think she is beautiful but it's just going to take a while to get used to it.


12 comments:

Cairen said...

Oh I hate when that happens! My girls have been scissor happy the last couple months, so I have had to seriously hide all the scissors. She look s really cute still with her little bangs.

Margie said...

Joe didn't cut his hair, but he did cut the neighbor girl's hair. It was hard to face her mother. He didn't just cut bangs. At least he did it at their house. Emma looks cute. Margie

steph, brent, and joaquin said...

I'm a huge fan of bangs and I love to see little girls with hip haircuts. She looks good -- you did an exceptional job. I'm pretty cure Mindy did the same thing when she was young, except she cut most of it off. She was left with a boy haircut. Be grateful.

Jazmin said...

I love it! her bangs are banging! I think you should be next! I'm all for the mommy and me haircuts!

Tim and Jennifer said...

I think it looks great! How can you go wrong with such a natural beauty??

Jamie Smith said...

Well, I think she did a great job. So when are you do? I can't believe you are having #3. It's been so long since I've checked blogs, I love the blanket you made, that is beautiful! You are so crafty, please share you talents. I hope you liking Vegas! And Happy 30th Joe!

natalie said...

lol. The good thing about hair is it always grows back. Let's just hope she doesn't do it again! She looks cute. It's fun to change things up.

The Blaisdell Family said...

I love it! I think she looks adorable!! I'm sure it was traumatizing for you as a mom, but really, she looks so so cute!

Hillery said...

She looks great! But I am suprised at how well at cutting her own hair.

The Shirleys said...

Her hair doesn't look bad at all. Between the two of you, you did a great job!

I am going to have to search my house and make sure all our scissors are out of reach. Bradley is starting to be very interested in using scissors.

maggie said...

I stand firm that NOTHING good comes from reading the Twilight series!
:)

she still looks gorgeous!

Marcie said...

Sad that she cut her hair, but great job on the bangs! I think they look great on her. Oh the dreaded day of my elementary hair. I think I had a perm when I started 2nd grade.

Pin It button on image hover