The Inevitable...

The day i've been dreading happened 2 days ago. We had finished eating dinner. I had sat back to relax and read some Eclipse...only the 2nd time through...and the girls were upstairs playing with their toys. Joe was sitting next to me, watching utube...dental procedures...life was bliss....

Then Emma came down stairs, with that look..you know the look.

The look they have when they've done something they shouldn't have.

On top of the look, she looked different. I grab her face to inspect more closing and yep, she did it...

She had cut her hair. She cut herself some bangs.


Honestly, my first thought was, THANK GOODNESS she didn't cut her hair all weird. My second thought was, wow, she did a good job!
And third thought...Oh her beautiful hair is gone...sadness all around.

This is what was left at the scene of the crime. She had gotten into our bathroom, found Joe's small hair-cutting scissors and did the job.


Sigh...I had plans for her hair...
As funny as that sounds, it's true. I had the same beautiful long, wavy hair and then my mom cut it...herself...before 1st grade...she cut it SHORT with BANGS....i was traumatized! And mom, love you but it was definitely lop-sided too.

So I wasn't going to do that to my child! The irony? She did it to herself!
And now she looked like she had a rockstar mullet...

So today I tried to fix it..I was a little nervous with zero experience in hair-cutting....I did my best.

It looks good with her hair in a ponytail....
Can you tell i'm bitter? lol

Just a bit.

I still think she is beautiful but it's just going to take a while to get used to it.


Post a Comment
Pin It button on image hover