Internal Warfare


My mind is having a hard time making decisions. Obviously it's the pregnancy.

I am done with this pregnancy and want the baby to be here now.
I have too many things I want to do before the baby comes so I want him to take his time.

I don't care what I look like or how much weight i've gained, it'll eventually come off...right? cough...
I hate how I look and want to go to a "pregnant-friendly" gym and work out and stay in shape

I want to buy all these cute things for the baby since he only has 2 onesies, 3 sleepers and 1 blanket to him name.
We have no money and can't really splurge at the moment so I need to be disiplined!

See what I mean? So many opposites. It's killing my calmness!
Anyways, I had a good day yesterday. Sundays are nice.

I actually like going to church because I don't have to take care of my kids for 2 hours. The ward will be changing boundaries in the next month or so so we won't be getting callings anytime soon:)

Plus, we have finally come together and did a full-on budget. That's right. Years of aimlessly spending money have come to a halt.

THis is Dave. This is his book.

Thanks to my dad, he gave me Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover and I have just gulped it up. I've only had it a week and i'm already done. I'm so excited to begin our makeover for the family.
And I think this is one of Joe's dreams come true.
Last night, we sat down and went through receipts and excel sheets and did some pinky swears and it's on. Anyone in serious money troubles, you need to read this book. Life is not over!
Anyways, it's relieving start on this road to recover.
So like I said, one of my battles is money. Part of me is selfless and wants what is best for this family. The other part wants to buy "me" things because i'm vain and prideful. I need to kick those baddies out of my head!

Anyways, just counting down the months for #3 to come. I am starting to just get anxious of what he'll be like and what he'll look like. It's the ultimate Gift! And you can't ruin it by opening it early or taking a peek. Nope, no chance with this one :)

This totally tries your patience.

4 comments:

Cliff and Courtney's Family said...

I swear we all go through those battles!! You are doing so awesome though and good job on the money management!! I wish I was disciplined enough to actually do a budget.

The Kerr Family said...

You're too cute!

Cairen said...

You crack me up! I have some of those person battles every once in a while.. lots of fun! I LOVE Dave Ramsey, I have listened to Financial Peace University and the total Money make-over...and I know I am a nerd... But I am obsessed with his podcast (I listen to them while I clean). Thats really cool, I can't wait to see you guys on weds!

Abby said...

So true...I love your honesty. I can relate to all of this. (And I am believer in budgets--James might have left me long ago without our "agreement:) Pregnancy is SO HARD!!! It just IS. (So is having no money...) sigh. I think you need some ice cream.

Pin It button on image hover