What really matters to me

Let me see, how do I put this?

Life is hard.
Life is distracting.
It is so easy to get caught up in it all.
It makes me mad how easy Satan has a grasp on our lives.
He sneakily binds us with internet, TV...and dare I say, crafts?!

I get so caught up...

Even good things can turn bad when it takes over our lives and we let the most important things slip.
I know this in the back of my head.
But I become selfish. I want to do what I (natural man) wants to do.

And then I look at my girls...
And start to cry because it's not worth being selfish.
They are so innocent and happy...

and dependant on me and what I teach them.
As scary as that sounds, I signed up for that when I decided to have them.
So step it up, Lyssa!

My family is the most important thing to me.

Even more important than myself.

I can let go of menial things in this life to do what I need to do, to do what God intended me to do as His daughter.

We all have so much potential.


I don't know what came over me to write this...

Maybe because i'm pregnant.

Maybe because I am emotional.

Maybe because Emma is starting Pre-school on Tuesday...she's getting big...

Maybe because I read this.

Maybe because I know deep down that that is the purpose of this life: Love and Family.

When we see life in that perspective, it's beautiful and worth it.

5 comments:

natalie said...

I'm glad you wrote this. It is a good reminder to put our priorities straight and to spend time/effort/emotions on what is most important.

thanks for being honest lyssa! It makes me feel better. :)

The Shirleys said...

I think we all get feeling about life and our families. I just think most of us aren't brave enough to admitt to it, but I know exactly how you feel. Maybe it is becasue I am pregnant too! :)

Your girls are lucky to have a mom like you!

Abby said...

I had one of those days where I ignored my oldest a little too much. (It doesn't help that he is so happy to be left alone!) But I noticed that familiar and very specific crankiness that only comes from neglect. Tomorrow I will do better! Sometimes it hits harder than others how fleeting our time with them is while they are so...forgiving:)
By the way, tomorrow I want to hear what doc you are going to, etc. I guess I didn't realize you hadn't gone to anyone here yet--that would be kind of scary! And sooo happy about the promise of induction. It puts a bounce in my step too.

erin said...

It was fun to see you again at that swap party! I will call you when we get back from Utah and we will get the scrapping thing going!

Margie said...

Very true. You are so good at expressing your feelings. You are a great writer. Margie

Pin It button on image hover