What really matters to me

Let me see, how do I put this?

Life is hard.
Life is distracting.
It is so easy to get caught up in it all.
It makes me mad how easy Satan has a grasp on our lives.
He sneakily binds us with internet, TV...and dare I say, crafts?!

I get so caught up...

Even good things can turn bad when it takes over our lives and we let the most important things slip.
I know this in the back of my head.
But I become selfish. I want to do what I (natural man) wants to do.

And then I look at my girls...
And start to cry because it's not worth being selfish.
They are so innocent and happy...

and dependant on me and what I teach them.
As scary as that sounds, I signed up for that when I decided to have them.
So step it up, Lyssa!

My family is the most important thing to me.

Even more important than myself.

I can let go of menial things in this life to do what I need to do, to do what God intended me to do as His daughter.

We all have so much potential.


I don't know what came over me to write this...

Maybe because i'm pregnant.

Maybe because I am emotional.

Maybe because Emma is starting Pre-school on Tuesday...she's getting big...

Maybe because I read this.

Maybe because I know deep down that that is the purpose of this life: Love and Family.

When we see life in that perspective, it's beautiful and worth it.
Post a Comment
Pin It button on image hover